ARG220 - Let him live?

Is anyone else as sick and tired of Adam and his effort to turn EVERY topic into a debate about heaven and hell. Maybe his going to heaven sooner than later would be just dessert. After all, what a more boring place than his idea of reward for all these wonderful works he’s doing?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice - Albert Einstein

Yeah, he’s a loser. Let it go.

He’s kinda funny, though.

Well you are obviously going to Hell for even thinking such a thing.

Just kidding. Thought I would turn this into a Heaven or Hell thread before Adam.

Maybe he will learn to lighten up. Though some seem to enjoy bashing him and if he were gone, they might not have anything else to do.

Jeffery

Jeffery said:

She squeals with delight and hands you the “I can turn any debate into a heaven or hell discussion faster than adam can award” (otherwise known as the ictadiahohdftac award).

trisha

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice - Albert Einstein

I believe I know ARG220’s secret-He wants to be a MARTY*R! He envisions himself to be Daniel in the den of lions. “They’re all attacking me, so I MUST be on the side of the angels!” He deliberately posts to create attacks, just to show his “bravery”.

I often find it very disappointing that “bravery” is not, a lot of the times, backed up by intelligence.

trisha

If I must die, then why? I seriously want to know what all of you think of me, and why.

Adam

Adam asks:
“If I must die, then why?”

Adam, they don’t seriously want you to die. They just want you to stop turning every discussion into a sermon. There are other message board sites for theological discussion and debate. Do yourself a favour and face the facts. These people, myself included, don’t hold much interest in what God thinks about <insert earthly, tangible topic here>… we care what we think. We ask each other questions because we want to know what the others have to say. If we believed that all the answers could be found in the bible, we’d read that, instead of these message boards. If we wanted to talk about Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Zeus, Ra, or any other deity, there would be a thread created for such a purpose…most likely in GQ or GD. So, Adam, not to put too sharp a point on it, if you’re going to post religious messages in a clearly NON-religious thread, expect some backlash.

He also requests:
“I seriously want to know what all of you think of me, and why.”

If that hasn’t been made clear, then you’re wearing blinders.

DISCLAIMER: (also known as Covering My Ass In A Manner So As Not To Be Ostracized And Censored As Has Become The Custom These Days)

I realize that by saying “we” in reference to members of the SDMD, that I’m not actually speaking for absolutely everyone, and I just wanted to clarify that I used the word “we” generically, rather than definitively.

ChrisCTP said:

Now, now, let’s not get nasty and start calling names. You know, I know, and the large majority of Buddhists know, that the Historical Buddha is not a god. Even the cosmic Buddha is not a god, just some dude (or cosmos) which has attained its Buddha nature. Heck, it’s made pretty clear that gods (or, at least, angelic beings) can’t attain their buddha nature. Plus, Shaka (Or Siddhartha, or however you want to call him) exlicitly said "I’m not a god, don’t worship me). I guess there are some people who for some reason worship the historical Buddha as a god, but I always wonder if these people have actually read any teachings. However, I’m not going to make a big fight of it; such is the way of the floating world.

Boy, I like using these UBB code things!

Chris says: << I realize that by saying “we” in reference to members of the SDMD, that I’m not actually speaking for absolutely everyone, and I just wanted to clarify that I used the word “we” generically, rather than definitively. >>

Aha, Chris, so you’re using the editorial oui… er, I mean, the editorial wheeeeeeee.

I…MUST…WITNESS…CANNOT…CONTROL…URGE…
Must…show…them…the…error…of…their…ways

sheesh and pshaw

god, don’t you just love that word “pshaw” I have teenagers now and find many uses for it.

trisha

(Note: I’ve inserted a carriage return in an effort to get this topic to format properly)
[Note: This message has been edited by Lynn Bodoni]

Is it just me, or did I fuck up the board with my stupid ellipses? (Apologies to TennHippie for the sexual reference ;))

trisha

I’m new here, but I don’t get it. I went to the Great Debates forum and looked for a likely topic that this ARG person would be mucking up. “Biblical Errancy” looked like a good one. ARG only made one remark there. He essentially professed his ignorance of the bible then shut up. I always like watching glassy-eyed fanatics at work, but I’m sorely disappointed with ARG. Judging from what I saw in that topic, there are some very knowledgeable persons here. Does ARG discount their knowledge as book only and not from the heart?

Adam wrote:

I like you, because you stick up for what you believe in and seem to be a compassionate person. That doesn’t mean I agree with you all the time, but I think you’re a decent guy.

Aw, I like ARG! As a dedicated heathen and atheist, I find it fascinating to hear about others’ religious beliefs. I also didn’t realize how horrifying and illogical Judaism was until CM started telling us about it, either. So let the religious people have their say, bless their little cotton socks! We all learn a lot–though it’s not usually what they intended for us to learn . . .

ARG I have nothing against you. But as has been discussed in the past, because we cannot know a person’s real character or sincerity on this or any other message board, witnessing does no good. It should occur with those you spend actual physical time with. They will know who you and and your heart and will be more receptive to your message.

Also, don’t quit posting on religious threads, just keep in mind that others have different beliefs than you and telling them they are wrong will not win friends. Take what they say to heart, pray on it, compare it to your own beliefs and then post why you believe differently on the matter.

From this we hopefully all learn from each other and hopefully grow stonger in our own beliefs. I know learning more about Judaism from CK, CM, Keeves, etc. has increased my knowledge of the bible and strengthened my beliefs.

Just lighten up a bit.

Jeffery

thank you Jeffery, that was very well put.

trisha

Arg, You know I love you.If you weren’t hitting home with your statements,people wouldn’t be so rankled by them.So you are getting through.Otherwise,they would just ignore you.So keep your chin up :wink: