Armagnac advice

Went looking for Armagnac today. The government stores have the biggest selection, but it’s still pretty small. They have 2 in our price range, but I can’t find out much about them to choose from.

One is Domaine de Joy, the other is Chateau de Laubade. Anyone here know either? Recommendations?

Well, this paper has a clear opinion 12 best armagnacs to replace your favourite cognac.

Similarly, the Chateau de Laubade is reviewed here Chateau de Laubade Armagnac while the other is listed but not reviewed.

Armagnac is a tough nut to crack. I am a huge fan and have a stash of special bottles tucked away, but it can be had to find reviews or other details in a lot of cases. It’s not particular popular, and a lot of the best stuff is made in very small quantities. In some cases, multiple negoticiants sell different bottlings of the same producer’s spirits.

I get most of my info from either a Facebook group called Serious Brandy or the the K&L Wines spirits blog. K&L is not super close, but I’ll still drop in a handful of times per year. I find them helpful in person as well.