Arnold Schwarzenegger's Message

And needs maximum visibility. I am tired of the neo-Confederates seizure of the Party of Licoln and their enablers like some here who try to downplay neo-Confederate insurrectionists by saying “only xx threats…”

Specifically the Sturmabteilung (SA), a paramilitary organization founded in 1921.
According to Wikipedia their primary role was to protect Nazi rallies and disrupt political meetings from other parties. Later on they became famous for Kristallnacht. Their leader, Ernst Röhm, was assassinated in the Night of the Long Knives, alledgedly because he was homosexual. They were succeeded by the Schutzstaffel, better known as the SS.

Sound familiar? This is only the beginning.

Agreed on all points.

And I’m reminded of Jay Leno’s joke, back when Ahnuld first jumped into politics: “At last, someone who can explain Republican civil-rights policies in the original German!”

It won’t get as far as it did in Germany, fortunately, because this isn’t quite the Weimar Republic and we’re not quite as vulnerable. Not enough of us at least.

Don’t get me wrong, things aren’t great and there will be people who try to take advantage but they’re not that bad yet.

I sincerely hope you’re right.

The SA were summarily dumped, and a great many jailed as the Nazis came to actual power from '38 on. They were unreliable rabble that the Nazis knew were unreliable rabble. Used as “useful idiots” in the phrase then discarded as the liability they actually were once they were no longer necessary.

Sounds about like (most of) the yahoos in the Capitol.