Arrested Development

Well I was waiting for someone to post their impressions, but I guess it ain’t gonna happen, so I’ll just ask: Did anyone catch it last night? If so, what did you think? I was watching the football game so I taped the Simpsons et al, and I’m wondering if this show is worth fast-forwarding to. :wink:

So is the new best new show of the ever like they’re saying in the promos?

I got a kick out of it. Better than most.

I didn’t see it, but if it is as good as they say it is, wouldn’t Fox have canceled it already?

:wink:

I loved it. It was hilarious. I’m down to watching no first run comedies on the major four networks. Please, Fox, give this show a chance!

lol good question. Fox is a continual reminder of the nature of my whore-like existance. The network that cancelled brilliance like “Underclared” and “Futurama” is the home of almost everything I watch on a regular basis (Simpsons, King of the Hill, 24, Joe M). Oh well, at least I can look forward to flipping over to CBS for Survivor on Thursdays. :smiley:

OK, I’m going to say it. I like Jason Bateman. I liked him on “Silver Spoons”, he had a few shows as a teenager and I liked him in those, and dammit, I liked him in “Arrested Development”. There. I said it. I find him funny and affable and I’m oddly attracted to him. OK, I’ve said too much.

Oh, and it has David Cross and he’s the freakin’ best! It’s definitely worth watching, better than most other shows out there.

It was pretty funny. Much better than most of the dreck out there. And Portia di Rossi is very easy on the eyes.

No need to apologize. He’s professionally likeable. Hell, I, who hates everybody, like him. **
[/QUOTE]
Oh, and it has David Cross and he’s the freakin’ best!**
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he improves whatever he’s in. He was the best thing in MIIB, with the possible exception of Lara Flynn Boyle’s ass.

Yep. The only time I ever laughed at “Just Shoot Me” was when he was on. Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiiies.

Er…Lara Flynn Boyle has no ass.

I’d watch David Cross read The Other Side of Paradise on stage.

I thought it was very funny. I liked the camera style. And Jason Bateman is a freaking hottie!

“I’ll see you again when the first parent dies.”

Or something like that. great line.

David Cross and Portia de Rossi? Have to watch this next week. Too bad it’s against Alias.

OMG. Finally got around to watching my tape of it. Second best comedy on TV now, behind The Office (it’ll drop back another slot when Curb Your Enthusiam returns). Great stuff. Jason Bateman? Who knew? Great straight man. Portia de Rossi? Yum. David Cross? Genius! Jeffrey Tambor!? Hey now! Circumcision jokes, bleeped expletives. Woohoo!

Anyhow, seeming as how everyone think Fox will totally $(#@ up this show, maybe they’ll surprise us.

Nah. Too much to hope for. I just hope it lasts longer than last year’s Fox *#$( up, Undeclared.

“Are you concerned about an uprising?”