As God Is My Witness, I thought Turkeys Could Fly! - A MMP

Brilliant is a word that has never been spoken with my name attached, this feels very odd, but thank you!

I’m married to one of those too. I have no good advice for you. I sure hope that Polar starts feeling better soon, it seems like it’s just one thing after another.

Poor lil girl, I’d be scared to go out too. Her safe spot is now her not safe spot, it’s going to take some time and support to help her relax.

One of my hobbies is if I walk into a store and hear those motion activated singing things going off is to pick every single one up and shut them off. If I have time, I’ll switch the batteries around. You have no idea how many times I’ve had workers come running over to thank and/or hug me.

Oh my gosh, you are one of my stitching sisters. I thought that if anyone would applaud my cleverness in making up a good excuse to procure another project when I already have at least 40 years worth of stitching in the closet that it would be you. TBH, you would probably like it better than me, you have the patience and tolerance for freehand work. I like highly structured work better.

I might be able to find some wood carvings out this way, but they won’t be otters. Horses, bears and cougars are popular, though. Chainsaw bears and birds are fairly easy to find as well, but your Mrs probably wouldn’t want them in the living room. I see them in yards a lot, though.

Clearly you’ve been listening to the wrong people. Trust us! We’re the Dope! (Why doesn’t that sound right?)

Agreed. It must be the ultimate outrage and humiliation for a dog to get attacked in her own territory. That little hoodlum next door needs charm school.

We don’t want a chainsaw sculpture. The artist texted The Missus a picture that is exactly what we’re looking for, but I can’t find anything similar. We’re looking for a smooth, realistic sculpture. It would be displayed outside. The artist said it would be protected by four coats of oil, and that the coating should last three years. I suggested we’d need some rebar to keep anyone from walking away with it. Wifey said that never occurred to her. I said, ‘Well, I’m from L.A. …’ The artist said something about ‘Of course,’ and ‘lag bolts’.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 42 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 62 and cloudy for the day. We shall see. The big item on today’s agenda is deheathenization. I am Verger today. ‘Tis also the first Sunday in Advent, the start of the new liturgical year, for those keepin’ score. We shall have N.O,L. at Sonny’s today just so’s we can eat sump’n besides Turkey Day leftovers, Then chillage/sloth/nappage shall ensue.

red glad you had a good time and made it home safe.

MetalMouse safe travels for the rest of your journey home.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y’all!

I agree. It’s one of those things that I can admire by recognizing the talent and skill needed to create it, but I don’t want to own any. Similarly with the paper tole stuff my MIL used to make or (sorry) cross stitch pictures. By the same token, I accept that there are people who wouldn’t like the things I crochet and knit or my pottery. All artists suffer such criticism, right? :wink:

Higgs seems better this morning - she was less reluctant to go out. But we will be checking the yard for interlopers before letting her out in the future. I just hope she starts going back to FCD for skritches - she’s supposed to be his dog - I didn’t want another dog - but she’s attached herself to me. Dammit. Same with Taz - FCD wanted a Bengal. I didn’t want any more critters. I’ll take full credit/blame for Ziva, but I think we’re in agreement now that as these three head to their respective rewards, there will be no more critters.

Plans for the day - gotta clean the critter fountain since I didn’t yesterday. I’m picking up Roxy around 1 and taking her to a playground to run off some energy and give her mom a little semi-break. Apparently Toby is a night person, so my daughter isn’t getting a lot of sleep. Kids!!

After playground time, I’m going to run into Aldi, then home for more chillage. Meanwhile, it’s time to caffeinate and read the Sunday funnies.

Happy Sunday!!

Good morning!

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted, have played some in the studio and fixing to do lunch prep and KP. Today’s plans should lean heavily towards sloth. :slight_smile:

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. I’m going over to watch hockey with J and Canadian Dave.

Second Gordie walk has been performed, second pot of coffee brewed.

Good morning everyone.

Today is a better day.

My husband and I talked. He said he just needed a break, and that from now on, instead of letting things fester, he’ll bring up the issue immediately in a non-confrontational way so everyone knows where they stand. To be fair to the kids, my husband was never one to care much for politics. Then, he quit working AND that orange menace got into office. He loathes that man, his toadies, and how that administration just brought out the worst elements in this country (our opinion).

The kids had the rules changed on them and didn’t even realize it. We all used to be able to good-naturedly rib each other’s foibles or views, but when it comes to politics now, everything has gone off the rails. If I hear the conversation turning to politics, I immediately tell everyone to change the subject. My son’s major in college was political science with an emphasis in international something or another. My son-in-law comes from a rural background in a state that is conservative, so it’s a big tinder pile. The kids just sometimes forget it’s not a good idea, although I’ve told them it’s not a good idea to talk politics around my husband.

It was a guest of my son-in-law who brought the gun. I thought it was entirely stupid but kept my opinion to myself. IOf course, my mother had to bring it up while there, and I now I have to hope and pray that she doesn’t bring it up in front of my husband.

I used to enjoy a good political debate, but everything turned nasty and now I don’t want to discuss politics at all, and read the bare minimum just so I can keep somewhat informed. I’m just tired and still just hungover from the last administration’s nastiness.

So, enough of all of that.

I’m sorry to read that Higgs was injured by another dog. Poor sweetie!

nellie, I’m sorry your sister is having such a rough time.

I didn’t get to all my chores yesterday. I’ll have to get them done today.

I also watched “Through the Eyes of Tammy Faye” yesterday. It was interesting and made me see her in a different light. I don’t think she was totally innocent, but she was definitely naive.

Happy Sunday!

Chilly 36 degrees at the park this morning.
Not a good time though. Drama started yesterday and continued on into today.
The barking makes my head hurt; the tension makes my stomach hurt.

The tree got cut down yesterday. One section of the fence got partially taken out. It’s fixed enough that the dogs can’t get out and they’ll be back for the full repair on Wednesday.
My house looks so naked now.
It didn’t take them that long, a crew of six had it done in under five hours.
Now that my tree is down you can really see just how bad my neighbor’s tree is. She said hers was coming down in November. I think that is not going to happen. Probably not going to happen at all in reality.

I have no idea how many cats I’m feeding now. My son saw a new one out there.
I used to put out one cup of food and that would last two days. Now I’m putting out two cups a day and the bowl is always empty.

Poor Higgs, I hope she is feeling better soon.

We are polar opposites. I admire that you have both the patience AND the tolerance for pre-defined structured work.
I’d throw that shit through a window.

I would never have thought of it that way. Thank you for the perspective.

… something I’ve struggled with all my life.

Knowing something needs to be done, and actually doing it, are two completely separate mental compartments.

I can’t even imagine the thought process ( ? ) behind bringing a loaded weapon into someone else’s home.

I can’t imagine the thought process either, shoe. He’s an older guy who used to live next door to daughter and son-in-law when they had their first house. He has helped them with numerous projects in both the first and their current home and is generous with his time and talent. However, I found the gun thing disturbing. The least he could have done is lock it up in my son-in-law’s gun safe while inside the house. However, that’s not my call, nor my house. Who knows, maybe he feels unsafe in his neighborhood.

Good morning everyone :slight_smile:

Pixel has been fed, and yet is completely convinced that he should eat more. He is sitting next to me and trying to apply his Gaze of Power to get me to feed him. Oddly, it hasn’t worked. Poor starving baby. :pleading_face:

Today I’d like to do a little straightening and re-pot some plants before they die on me. My husband spent hours setting up his new receiver/tuner yesterday, so I suspect we will be watching a movie to test it out. I have to say that I haven’t heard that much Pink Floyd since college. I’m hoping I can nudge him to listen to something a bit less depressing.

Later today we’ll have a family dinner with my sister and her kids. It should be fun.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Evening all.

Just got back from my juggling convention/visiting friends. It was very nice, but slightly cut short- I was planning on doing some of my Christmas shopping today in Leeds, as I’ve not been there in yonks, but cold, white, fluffy stuff started falling from the sky, joining morethat had fallen the night before. It’s a fair drive, across some very scenic stretches which often wind up getting closed if the white stuff gets too deep, so I came back a bit earlier’n planned. The roads were clear of snow, but full of cars, so it still took much longer than expected.

A bunch of people cancelled last minute, but there were still quite a few there I’d not seen since the before times. I really hope it doesn’t wind up just being a one-off, and it’s a step back towards what passes for normality…

It looks like they were able to sneak in the gathering before the omicron restrictions start kicking in. Despite those, I also hope that we’re able to keep inching towards some type of normalcy. I’m glad you had fun :slight_smile:

Good morning, everyone.It’s a lovely cloudy day here. The forecast says, rather grimly, “Rain likely–then rain.” I don’t mind, as long as the wind doesn’t blow. Wind makes umbrellas difficult to maneuver. Besides, I got enough wind blasting me in Wyoming to last me a lifetime. The running joke was that if the wind ever stopped blowing, everyone would fall over.

Mooooom, I have another knee replacement question for you (and anyone else with experience): My sister has 2 steps on her porch. Will she be able to manage those when she gets discharged from the hospital? I think she’ll be on a walker.

taters, sounds like you and your husband had a substantive conversation. Kudos to both of you, but especially you. About the gun thing: in 26 years of living where there are literally more guns than people, I never saw anyone open carry to a dinner party. However, maybe it’s come to be seen as a political statement. Still, it seems rude.

Part of the Occupational Therapy provided at the hospital included learning to use step after knee replacement. We have 2 steps from our garage to the house, and FCD managed them without a lot of problem. I assume OT is standard orthopedic practice, but if in doubt, your sister needs to mention it to her surgeon to make sure.

Roxy had fun at the playground, despite there not being any other kids present. But she pitched a major fit when I took her home. I felt bad leaving my daughter with a tantrum, but that’s motherhood - I had things I had to do.

Trying to decide now whether to make supper, forage thru leftovers again, or order something. What I want is a big salad.

Howdy Y’all! We deheathenated, gnawed through ribs at Sonny’s and achieved nappage. IOW we were us today. Have I mentioned lately how much I love bein’ a retired drain on society? The biiiiiig trash can has been hauled all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow. Chillage ensues.

MOOOOOOM glad Higgs is better today, poor baby. Hope RoxStar got settled down for her mom soon after you left.

nellie, while my knee wasn’t replaced, when I had knee surgery at 16, I managed the two front steps, but slept downstairs for a few weeks rather than venture up the very steep stairs to my room.

Slothed (is too a word) most of the day, although I did get out to pick up a prescription and exchange a CO2 cartridge. Afterwards, I took Nelson to the dog park where he got a good romp in with jack (a little red dachshund), Stormy and Bubbles (small poodle mix siblings) and his bud Ollie (small poodle mix). A good time was had by all. :slight_smile:

Customer asked if we have mayo.
Me: “No. { trying to think of something helpful } But we got … ranch?”

Cue entire staff laughing.

Me: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Inappropriate Crush: "The Southern in you came out on ‘ranch.’ "

I swear, my accent has gotten thicker since I moved up to Michigan.
Property because I quickly realized most folks here just mmmmmelllt for it.

I LOL’d.