Asian massage businesses

Hello Everyone,

I’ve noticed in a large city near us there are large a number of Asian massage businesses. Is it safe to assume that the majority are if the “rub and tug” variety? Are any of these legitimate theraputic massage providers?

This thread will probably not have a happy ending.

I would think that if a massage business is specifically saying that its employees are Asian women that’s a tip-off.

You won’t know for sure until well after you’ve paid.

It might help if you told us which large city you’re talking about.

and I have a related question:
What’s so special about Asians?

For those of you who have pertaken of such pleasures—does it really matter what the nationality of the “masseuse” is?

Or have I been missing out on something all my life ? :slight_smile:

It seems to be a general description and there may be no asians involved.

I think it’s just the fact that the business is discussing their employees’ appearance is an indication that a customer’s contact with those employees is going to go beyond just a massage.

Not necessarily since for example Thai massage is a distinct massage style and there is plenty of legit places that do that. To the OP, I’m sure there are probably both legit and happy ending places in your city. If you want to know which is which five minutes on google will lead you to various websites where it will be made clear.

Here’s a related question that I’ve wondered about:

Why is it that apparently only Asian massage business seemingly engage in sexual practices? I have never seen any news article, or any other indication, however minor, to suggest that any other ethnicity ever does that sort of thing under the guise of a massage business.

Sure, you can find individual postings on Backpage, etc. that offer “massage,” but even that’s not real popular–“body rub” seems to be more commonly used. But for all instances that (A) have a physical place of business, and (B) offer sexual services under the guise of a legitimate massage business–they are ALL Asian.

Why???

Not true.

In NYC there are plenty of Russian and Latina girls in the “massage” business. They offer table dances and other options not found at legitimate places. Here in southern California, Latina girls can be found at these establishments. Most places do offer Asian girls exclusively, but not ALL.

It’s not really true. While it’s true that you don’t often see an ad for, e.g., “African massage,” that doesn’t mean there aren’t massage parlors that cater to that particular place.

And I have to believe that a lot of places that advertise “Swedish massage” aren’t really assuring their patrons that the girls are all trained in the art of effleurage, petrissage and tapotement.

It’s my understanding that it varies by municipality. Some counties are very strict with the way they regulate massage businesses, and regularly monitor what is going on and shut down non-legit businesses. Other counties don’t go to much effort to enforce these codes. I believe there are websites that go into detail about what is available where.

It’s also my understanding that many of the women involved are trafficked, and are working under less-than-ethical circumstances. Even when it’s not straight up kidnapping, there is a lot of “we’ll give you your passport back when you’ve paid X and Y back to the house”.

FWIW, I love a good (legit) Chinese massage.

Just the ads should make it clear. Any legit therapeutic massage place (of which there are some) will be at pains to emphasize that in their ads. Places whose ads feature scantily clad young women are not engaged in medical therapy.

I have one of the Asian Massage Parlors not too far from my house that engage in prostitution and it’s about a mile from a military base, whom I’m guessing make up a large portion of the clientele. They must not be too worried about Johnny Law because it’s hardly a secret and they also advertise online. The local police did an undercover operation once but maybe because of these places are set up they could only prosecute the individual woman. From what I’ve heard the place gives full service not just handies.

Lakeland, Fl, however these types of places seen to be everywhere.

Well are you concerned because you want a legit massage and don’t want to go to a happy ending place or are you looking to find the happy ending place?

enquiring minds want to know. :smiley:

Here’s an article about an investigation in Brooklyn that resulted in 19 people being arrested.

(emphasis added)

http://therealdeal.com/2013/01/17/city-law-aimed-at-curbing-erotic-massage-parlors-mostly-burdens-health-clubs/

I did a Google search on “New York City massage parlor arrests.” Of the first two pages of results, of all the ones that were from NYC sources, every single one was about Asian-owned businesses and/or Asian workers.

Just for kicks, I also did a search on “Swedish massage parlor arrests.” Out of the first two pages of results, only one story mentioned a parlor that advertised “Swedish massage”–and even that one was staffed by Asians.

If other ethnicities are anywhere near as common as some people claim, how come they don’t show up in reports of police activity? Why is it almost invariably Asian workers who get arrested at those places?

These things pop around here, and seem to be shut down within a year. Seems like everyone that advertises turns out to be the kind that provides the happy ending. The funny thing is that the police could just look at the ads and go close them down but I think they wait until someone complains. It wasn’t even illegal here for a while, and I guess the cops don’t really care, maybe they are good customers :slight_smile:

ahahah … oh, the myopic lore of mankind. imho … the very act of dissemination and dissection precludes anyone to postulate without, at least, some ignorance. :stuck_out_tongue: