Ask the Protocol Droid

Can you understand the binary language of moisture vaporaters?

W-3PO here again. Whatever I like to, really. I am partial to Se’velnian poetry and the droid novels of Ged Neferril, and have always found them a diverting way to pass the time. Or if no entertainment is available, I can always just switch off.

Elementary, my dear BMalion.

Is it against all 3PO droids’ programming to impersonate a deity? Are there some Laws of Droidics that all droids must follow, and if so, how many? Are there exceptions for combat droids?

Good, do you speak Bocci’?

Bocce… which is quite similar… so I’m told. :wink:

No, in many but not all models, 42 in most cases, and yes, in that order.

But of course. Also Bocce, Boci, Bouci, and Bochee’e.

Shut up. Great! Elendil’s Heir, I’ll take him.

Thank you for your vote of confidence, sir, but I’m not for sale.

Are you property?

Do you & the Toaster make the Beast With Two Backs? :smiley:

At the moment, no. I’m enjoying my freedom. I doubt that anyone here could afford me.

:rolleyes: See post 50.

So you are not owned? Were you at one time property?

You mentioned “freedom” Do you enjoy the full rights and responsiblities of every citizen (or subject) where you come from?

Who is the typical protocol droid owner (or employer)? Would it make sense for a slave who lives in a stone house, and is owned by a junk dealer, to build one? What kond of assistance could a protocol droid provide in such a situation?

I’m not owned at the moment, but I’ve had many masters and mistresses over the years. My most recent home was on Se’veln, where droids were treated as valuable property but were not given the full rights of citizenship. By Se’velnian law, as it happens, only women over the age of 55 who have had at least three children are considered “citizens,” so I must say I prefer being here in the United States.

See post 26. I agree that the early existence of C-3PO is a puzzlement, and quite atypical for a protocol droid.

So your most recent master gave you your freedom?

By the way, I want to thank you for staring this thread. It’s a fascinating to have our ignorance fought. I must confess, I never gave the life of a protocol droid much thougfht. This is quite an eye-opener.

It’s a long story, but… he’s not my master anymore.

I’m pleased that you have found this thread of interest, sir.