ASP.NET Question-unable to run debug

I know this is kind of a technical question, but I’m sure someone on the Dope will have an answer, because you always do.

Ever since I installed VS 2005 on my system (Win XP) I cannot debug ASP.NET applications running under VS 2003. I get the message, “Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.”

I suspect it has something to do with having multiple versions of the .NET Framework on the system, and somehow the application is trying to use the wrong one, but I’m not sure.

I’ve gone through the checklists provided by Microsoft for fixing the “unable to start debugging” message, but everything the suggest seems to be OK.

Has anyone else run into this problem, or have an idea for a solution?

Thanx.

BTW, the applications run fine when not in debug mode.

In IIS, have you told the website you’re trying to debug to use .Net 1.1 instead of 2.0? I remember when I put the 2.0 framework on, it reset all my local websites to use 2.0.

Turek, a thousand thank yous.

I must have looked at all the property pages a dozen times, but somehow I never saw the version setting until I knew to look for it from your post… That seems to have taken care of the problem.