Assume you visited or moved to a state where Pot is legal. Would You try it?

I tried it many times when I was younger, and it just never agreed with me. It made me incredibly anxious and nauseous. Literally made me sick, to the point of vomiting on occasion.

I kept trying it because people kept insisting that it’s great. It kept making me anxious and sick. Eventually, after some highly unpleasant experiences, I learned my lesson. I leave it to the people who enjoy it, and accept that it’s just not for me.

Nowadays, of course, I know that for everyone who loves it, there’s at least as many people who can’t stand the stuff. I fully support legalising it, but I really wish that the fanatics would shut the fuck up about its magical wonderfulness.

I’ve loved the sticky green from my first exposure 43 years ago. My only abstention since has been when it was unavailable. In all my travels I’ve never been anywhere where it was legal, including Jamaica and other islands where enforcement was lax. Never stopped me.

I forget which poll option I chose.:cool:

Hell yeah. But like others, no way am I taking up any kind of smoking at this age. Brownies, definitely.

I said “I might” but the more accurate answer is probably “Sure, if it took zero effort on my part”. I’ve smoked before, I stopped because I left college and it became actual “work” to acquire (and more associated risk). I didn’t miss it enough to take on the work/risk but I don’t have anything against it either.

So, if it was completely legal and wouldn’t interfere with work/law and someone literally said “Here’s some free pot” then I’d probably do it.

Yes. I’ve smoked many times before but it’s been a long time because I didn’t enjoy the last few trips.

But it would be very nice to go to a dispensary and buy something mild and to my liking, instead of smoking whatever bullshit blend my stoner friends could scrounge up.

Yes, very much so. I like it and it helps curb some of the effects of menopause for me.

No. My (very nasty) allergies do not permit.

I should clarify: They aren’t inhalation-related allergies. I have nasty pharmaceutical allergies, which I have been reliably informed (and personally experienced) are triggered by several compounds found in marijuana. This is, in fact, one of the reasons that I am in no hurry to either move to or visit a state where recreational use is legal. My reaction is both really unpleasant for me and potentially life-threatening if I do not receive prompt medical care.

Yeah, it’s still a federal crime, so they could start enforcing the prohibition again. Right now in DC, you have to be pretty brazen to get arrested. Like I said, it’s legal to give it away but you can’t sell it. The Kush Gods delivered pot to your door in cars decked out with their logo and marijuana buds, for a ‘donation’ but they got busted:https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/dc-police-bust-kush-god-company-that-traded-pot-for-donations/2015/12/23/d36507f8-a97c-11e5-8058-480b572b4aae_story.html

Even if I did want weed delivered to my door, I don’t really want my neighbors seeing a Kushmobile in front of my house.

It’s funny, in DC you’re allowed to keep a “small” amount of pot for personal use: up to one ounce. When I was a pot head, one ounce was an ungodly amount of weed, I don’t think I ever had more than 1/2 an ounce in my possession at any one time, but I was young and broke.

I actually live in Oregon and have never smoked anything at all, pot or cigarettes. I want to try it, honestly just out of curiosity but I don’t want to try alone. And I don’t know anyone I could like…try it with. So until that changes, I won’t give it a shot.

Never been interested.

Wrong.

LOL

It’s not about not wanting to break the law, it is mostly about not wanting to deal with the people who do. It makes a huge difference if you can just walk into a store and buy some vs having to find/deal with a real drug dealer.

Same here.

Nope.
I’ve already had the chance of smoking it risk-free (but illegally) several times and it didn’t even ping my radar to try it. I hace also noever smoke a cigarrette, so, nope.

Yikes, I wouldn’t wanna find/deal with a real drug dealer either.

I typically visit musicians/salesmen/etc who buy a few pounds at a time and sell off ounces to cover their own use. They’re just people selling weed. If I asked one of them where I could score some coke/meth/heroin they’d freak out and not want my business anymore.

I would never try it but prohibition proved that the feds could not enforce their will without states participating. Maryland never made alcohol illegal and it basically was like prohibition never happened.

I don’t smoke or drink, so I pass on pot.

However I think the War on Drugs is a colossal waste of money and so pot should certainly be legal (especially with it’s medicinal qualities.)

Been to Colorado, bought that, smoked that.

/and there was much rejoicing.

Yeah, my choice of the word prohibition was intentional; the war on pot is as doomed as the war on booze and as pointless.