At least women's doesn't stink like . . .

In regards to occam’s post of being tired of women’s si. Here is one posted by a woman. I am tired of men’s!!! Why is it that so many men seem to hate women? They oogle and drool over any nice looking female, yet if they see her express any kind of interest in her man ( kiss or hug him) men immediately call her a slut. Heaven forbid a female ever express any emotion, anger (usually at a man’s f**k* up) they immediately blame her “time of the month,” although most men call it a more vulgar term as if that was the answer to it all. Like most women love “that time” I am sure they find it so convenient!

If I didn’t love my father and brothers I would certainly support completely obliterating men and their little richards from the face of the earth! ( Well thats not exactly so, I am a heterosexual female who loves ( but also hates ) her husband. And I do like to engage in hetero… well you know. I just get pissed off at guys!!!

One must learn by doing things; for though you think you know it you have no certainty until you try.
–Sophacles

“little richards”? Uh…tiny dicks? Or what?
Clue me in, I’m old and (apparently) out of touch.

Reality is for people who can’t handle drugs.

-Tom Waits

Little Richard is my kinda man!!! Good Golly, Miss Ursula!!!

to weimerdog: little richard was because I am unsure of exactly what is allowed and what is not. Maybe I should have said dick, penis, trouser snake, rod, or whatever. Which arises another pissed-off-at-it-ness. Why is it that men feel the need to have so many stupid names when refering to their penis? They act like IT is an entire different being. Maybe they feel like it is, and they “think” via that most of the time, but HELLOOOOO! It is simply another appendage, not unlike a finger or a toe. Maybe more sensitive, but certainly NOT being unto itself!

Ursula,

OK, we just wanted clarification. I mean, me and my buddy “Fransisco”. Oops, sorry, I guess we should have left “him” out of this discussion.

Seriously, though, I understand your irritation and frustration. Just bear in mind that not all men are the same, and no one likes to be pigeonholed based on gender/race/religion etc. My wife seems to think I’m pretty reasonable, at least I think that’s what she said at halftime today.

-Tom Waits

Most men have been cut down by women at least a few times in their lives. The men who respect women are likely to take this harder; the men who feel, deep down, that women are there to be sex slaves/kitchen staff don’t care. To them, getting cut down by a woman is like getting whinneyed at by a horse. Big deal.

The men who respect women are likely to tread carefully around women, which in turn makes them appear less confident and more worthy of a stilleto heal in the eye. Not very many women act this way but it doesn’t matter, the battleaxes, especially the coquettish battleaxes, have us cowed. So the men who don’t fit the beer-swilling, irresponsible, butt-pinching, glass-ceiling-creating stereotype don’t really make it into the picture. They’re all around you and you never pay them a second glance. Bob Packwood still gets more dates than me. I always leave the toilet seat down and there hasn’t been a female in my apartment to notice for about a year.

If you feeling like lashing out at a man some time, consider that the emotional impact you create may very well vary directly with how much he respects your opinion. I’m not directing this at the OP; it’s just an observation directed to all women, and I’m perfectly willing to accept that the reverse may be true as well (i.e., women who have no respect for men aren’t going to care much when men holler).

It must be said…

Someone pass Ursula the Midol.

Dearest Ursula
Men are all dogs. Given the option they will go to their base instinct. I have had trouble convincing my teenage step-daughters of this, but I know it is true being a dog myself. Some have learned control, but the lecher still lives, distasteful, but honest. Men will always look, however the “good” ones refrain from any action. I can’t give you much hope but I can tell you this, you will not change a male. Do not kid yourself, step back and be objective, open your eyes! This is it.

“You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.” Bill Scott

Gee, Henhouse, thank you for sharing your wisdom with us. You obviously have a deep understanding of the male psyche.

However, in the future, I wonder if you would be so kind as to speak for yourself?

Particularly since you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

This space for rent.

Sigh.
I just KNOW I’m going to regret even getting into this discussion, but…
On one level, I commiserate. Maybe women are so vocal about emotions and relationships that men consistenly underestimate how plain incomprehensible they can be to women. Women are mysterious? Men, you can be just as puzzling and frustrating to women.
That said, chauvinism is just as ugly in women as it is in men. Dismissing one half of the human race isn’t just wrong; it’s damned silly.
Hey, what doesn’t kill ya makes ya stronger. If it were easier, it wouldn’t be half as much fun.
Just my feeble 2 cents,
Veb

Oh good. I’m glad that this OP is as spectacularly well thought-out as Occam’s.

Any woman could love a gentleman.
Only a special woman could love a cad.
There is, I believe, an innate cad in every male.
Love him, hate him, embrace him, slap his face.
He is who we are. And life would be quite booring for the fairer sex without him.

Now who’s up for some “grab and tickle”?

Holy Smokes! Did I really post that? Reading it in the light of day, and beerless, I sound like all the female rights activists and pushy broads that I oh so hate! I am sorry for all the men bashing when I only wanted to bash my husband. I was pissed off last night because he was late and the minute I signed off this dern computer, he hollered that he had been trying to call. Maybe I should get that call waiting thing or get the separate line that I have been putting off purchasing.

I love men. Even the obnoxious chauvenists. After all, I married one! :slight_smile:

P.S. The midol worked too. :wink:

One must learn by doing things; for though you think you know it you have no certainty until you try.
–Sophacles

I love men. I love women. We can ALL act like massive butt-munching assholes. But we can all be so sweet we give each other cavities. Group hug, anyone? :slight_smile:

The moon looks on many flowers, the flowers on but one moon.

Byz,

Sure. Ah, does that include “Fransisco”?

-Tom Waits

Guilty of PUI. I blame a dozen cans of liquid cynic. I am not that narrow minded and usually never use such absolutes. Apologies to the obviously offended Wally, none of us are exactly the same,and things tend to look bettter with each new sunrise.
Peace,Love and many sunrises

SC

“You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.” Bill Scott

No you don’t. Most female rights activists and pushy broads sound much smarter than you.

Let every student of nature take this as a rule – that whatever his mind seizes and dwells upon with peculiar satisfaction is to be held in suspicion.

• Francis Bacon

Oh, for…

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

Uh, maybe if I finished my posting, it would make more sense…

Oh, for…

Another (insert gender here)-bashing post. Listen, males have hormones that affect their behavior. Females have hormones that affect their behavior. Both males and females can seem incomprehensible to each other. What we all need to do is to realize this, and cut each other a little slack. I know it’s easy for me to say, as I tend to restrict my, uh, social interactions to members of my own gender, and thus eliminate one of the many arenas in which men can mistreat women, but believe me when I say that women can mistreat women pretty badly too.

Why can’t we all just get along?

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

Hey, sugar, neuro-trash grrrl, don’t you take my bit! Can’t we all just get along?

Yeah, I wish we could! Group hug, anyone?

Male, female or “other” we really have to put that crap aside. It goes back to so many other posts. Do I judge you (like I should JUDGE you in the first place?) because you are male, female or because you are black or white? Fat or thin? What’s to judge?

How about I just LISTEN to you? Accept you for where you are at? At that moment in time? Not so much because you are a man in anger, or a woman in anger or a fat person or black or… it goes on and on. Labels of WHAT we are.

How about I just listen to what you have to say without any of that crap going through the filter that is me? Sometimes I’m not sure about what I “hear” and I ask you for clarification. Because I really want to hear it. Hear you. No matter what “convenient category” you fall into.

I don’t know about you (any of YOU) but out here in cyberland I don’t get all that stereo-typical crap hung up in my mind. I’m too involved in what you say (and, granted, how you say it. Correct spelling and a certain sense of grammar do and will enter into the filter of me) but I have no “picture” in my mind most times of YOU, another poster, as male/female/black/white/gay/straight/serial killer or other.

If more of us removed this “filter” in real life I wonder what we would see.

Again, male or female, black or white, Jew or Christian, I’ve loved you. And still do. And always will. Even those who drive my brain into fireworks are still important to me as far as this place, this time, we all share, goes.

All of us are assholes. All of us are brains. All of us are: dumb, smart, stupid, silly, gay, male, female, black, white, red, numb, hard, excited, rude, happy, angry, loving, hateful… it’s all inside you and me. Bubbling below the surface. I guess it’s just a matter of how we let it out and when.

Signing off, feeling spent
Byz