At what concert did you first smoke the marijuana?

Jimmy Buffett, sometime in the mid-70s. Back when Fingers Taylor was the mono-Reefer.

Blizzard of Ozz/Motorhead, '80.

One of us cretins (Mike Tobacco - great name) rigged up joint after joint on the end of a car antenna and passed it (or rather pointed) it around.

lol Lemme didn’t like the sedate Victoria crowd.

London Gardens?

It might have been mine too.

I don’t think I’ve ever smoked marijuana at a concert. I’ve only smoked it a handful of times since it became legal here in Colorado, and it never seems to do much for me. But the first concert where I was ever seriously aware of weed’s presence was The Who in the Pepsi Center around 2001 or 2002. As soon as the lights went down, all around me–and I mean ALL AROUND ME–were men in their 50s and 60s pulling out pipes and firing them up. I was about 28 at the time, had moved to Colorado from KY the year before, and I guess I was just sheltered because I’d never seen anything like that. I spent half the concert politely refusing the various people who tapped me on the shoulder offering me something to smoke.

Lollapalooza, 1995. I was 15. I got stoned. Started wandering around the concert grounds, separating myself from my friends. I ended up smoking a joint with a bunch of people I didn’t know. Unfortunately, we got busted by security and I got kicked out.

I was so out of my mind high, that I just sat on the ground outside the gates and put my head in my lap. I sat still for about three hours and because I hadn’t fought/argued with the security and had been well behaved, they let me back in.

I reunited with my friends and continued getting high. Good times.

No, it was at the Corral in Calgary.

Horslips, May 13, 1978 at the Community Theater in Morristown, NJ

I only know the exact date because a friend I went to the show with put his stub up on Facebook. Of course we were idiots about it and almost got thrown out of our second row seats but we were 15-16 at one of our first concerts and it was awesome.

Smoked it at the concert itself and not just before or even after? That would be the Rolling Stones’ Tattoo You Tour, in the Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas on November 1, 1981. ZZ Top and the Fabulous Thunderbirds were the opening acts.

Same tour I bet. Was Teenage Head the opener?

The fucking acoustics in London (Ontario) were just horrendous, but it didn’t help that Van Halen had it cranked up to 11.

The dope and the decibels gave me a massive headache. And I like loud music.

At Winterland, that’s for sure. Probably Steve Miller and King Crimson in 1973.

The Doors with Steppenwolf and The Chambers Brothers July 5 '68 Hollywood Bowl.

Open air concert at Fairmount Park in Philadelphia. 1972 I think. Seatrain was the main act.

whoa dang - I’m probably the biggest KC fan here…

Was Jamie Muir the additional percussionist or was it just Bill?

The Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Rich Stadium in Buffalo, NY, 1986.

It was also the first time I dropped acid at a show too.

My first concert was Sly and the Family Stone in the summer of 1970 at Madison Square Garden in NY. I was 15 and already had experience with weed. We smoked skinny joints and danced and clapped to the best crossover rock/R&B there ever was. Boom lacka-lacka- boom lacka-lacka-lacka…want to take you higher… HIGHER

PS: My name is Corporal Clegg–a song from Pink Floyd whom I saw in concert 22 times starting in May 1972 at Carnegie Hall. I was present for the Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell premiers in the US in NYC.

atta boy. I saw a dosen Zapa shows starting around the same time. I am the slime…:slight_smile:

I saw Billy Joel in 1972 as a first act in a three bill show. Second was Captain Beefheart and the hightlighter was J Geils. We were there for Beefheart and it was my first cocaine experience. Great night. Weird mixture. Billy Joel was unknown and did a comedy routine along with his early standards. J. Geils was underwhelmig. Beefheart stole the night.

Triple header: Black Sabbath / Ted Nugent / Aerosmith

Jethro Tull, 1978. I sense a theme!

I was at the show the day before where it rained like holy hell for most of the day. Miserable, but also fun.

Judging from the wonderful Bursting Out! live LP, I’m envious. That was a great tour.

Hard to beat Bill Door catching the Aqualung tour, though.

As for Corporal Clegg… wow, what a bizarre set of tour-mates. No need for coke or any other substance to get your mind blown by that lineup!