Atlanta Dopers, dinner this Saturday 2/28?

Well, if it’s not too strange of the guy who can’t make it to suggest a mmeting place, I’ll throw out Bugaboo Cafe on Turner Hill Rd. It’s a steak-n-burger joint along the lines of Outback and about the same price range. It’s also easy to find. Take I-20 east to exit 75 (Turner Hill Rd). Turn right (towards the mall, you can’t miss it). About 300 yards on the right is Bugaboo Creek.

There is also an Olive Garden on the same exit, but Bugaboo is better suited for a boisterous get together.

Darn. I would love to but I run a table-top RPG (TORG) every other Saturday night, and I do not want to be assaulted by my players.

And best of all, it’s right by our hotel! I think unless anyone comes up with a better suggestion, that’s our place. Objections?

The address is: Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse, 2965 Turner Hill Road, Lithonia, map here.

There’s a Bugaboo Creek up here near us and we love to eat there. Sounds good! So we’re looking at around 7:00 Saturday evening, yes?

Labdad, sorry we’ll miss you! We gotta get together again sometime.

I may not be able to make it, but I’ll keep up with the thread for the latest regarding time and location, and I’ll see y’all if I can.

I’ve been in Atlanta for 5 years (California transplant), and on the SMDB for one. I currently live in North Decatur and work in Midtown. While my job has been static since I got here, I’ve moved from the Highlands, to Tucker, to Lakewood, to Decatur. My girlfriend recently moved to Fairburn, so I’m becoming aquainted with that neck of the woods too.

I don’t know much about Lithonia, but I do believe you are quite close to the Dekalb County DMV, which is a good thing, as it is out in the middle of the kudzu and I hear that some people who set off looking for it are still driving around Stone Mountain with a glazed look in their eyes to this day.

Welcome to Atlanta where the dopers dope. :smiley:

Yes, Saturday, 7 PM at Bugaboo Creek in Lithonia. Be there!

If we make it, looks like we’ll be there around 9.

I’m a lurker, but durn it, I’ve been lurking for long enough that I feel like a doper anyway. I might just come!

UWmite, you absolutely should come! All this time and you’ve not managed to make it to a single gathering? That should be corrected!

“Adams, part of eight. Cecil Adams, your table is ready.”

Seriously, that’s how to find us. I am stoked about getting back to the good old US of A, and I’ve always liked the 'burbs of Atlanta. Looking forward to meeting the locals as well! See ya’ll tomorrow night!

I just sent you two (Geo and UB) an email. We will be there tomorrow night!

Recap for those too lazy to read the whole thread:

Where: Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse, 2965 Turner Hill Road, Lithonia (map)
When: 7 o’clock in the PM, Saturday, February 28 in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Four
Who: Alla y’all disreputable types. And me and my husband. I will most likely be wearing my Straight Dope t-shirt, and we will be the Cecil Adams party.

If you want our cell numbers, email me before 3 PM today.

Disreuptable?! Darn, she’s on to us already!

Sweetie. I’ve been around these here boards for going on four years. I know Dopers.

Hey, what’s wrong with you ATLDopers? We want updates. UPDATES!

Well, we showed up at 9ish and spent the evening with Geobabe and UncleBill, since they couldn’t fit the Teeming Eight of us at one table. Then we ate food and talked until after dessert, when we all bid adieu and went our seperate ways. Really boring compared to some of the stories I heard. :smiley:

Robert and I got to the restaurant a little early. We hung around looking for people wearing Straight Dope t-shirts. I actually saw Uncle Bill first, cuz I was also watching for people who looked like they were looking for people. :wink: I followed him inside and saw geobabe, who was wearing the shirt. Robert and I hung out with them and chatted a bit til mouthbreather and gooti arrived. It took us a while to get seated (restaurant-near-mall+Saturday night=1 hour + wait time) so we stood around by the Talking Mountie Statue and chatted.

It was wonderful to meet the lovely and talented geobabe and Uncle Bill, and great to renew acquaintance with mouthbreather and gooti. Unfortunately we didn’t get to chat with GMRyujin and Morelin much because of the “we don’t have room for all at one table” issue mostly.

I had fun, and hope to see more Atlanta get-togethers in the future!

Actually, we were talking about that in the car on the way home. “We’re always like, ‘Hi, Archergal, now we’re going to go sit halfway across the restaurant from you!’” Hasta be demoralizing. :smiley:

Hey JackaRoe! We’re neighbors. :slight_smile: I live in Augusta - right off Washington Rd. I’ve been here for about 7 years! I had no idea that there were any other dopers so close.

Hope your dinner/night out was fun for all!