Atomic Shrimp logo artwork competition thread

Major hijack- sorry!

Daithi Lacha I am a terribly bad, awful, horrible, procrastinating, dreadful, hateful, loathesome person!

I owe you for my membership but I don’t have your address anymore. Could you please email me at smitherns@xtra.co.nz . You have every right to loathe me but I do want to repay your kindness.

I apologise for the interuption to shrimp stuff.

Bumpshire

(last one)

Here’s another:

link

Just re-read the OP, and noticed the “no jpeg” rule.

I had a bmp, but my pic hosting site automatically turns it into a jpeg.

I suppose jpegs are OK for viewing / judging, and the winner submits the preferred file type?

semi-bump as well

Alrighty, I slipped this in between the paying customers. I’m surprised the colors look so different on the Mac but it’s in a .jpg format that can be converted to any format you wish, should you want this one. Enjoy!

Ditto for me. Can send you any filetype/size you wish if needed.

Yes, that’s fine. I should have clarified that.

For the record, **calm kiwi **is none above the above-mentioned things; she is simply a busy person with a sense of honor! :slight_smile:

I vote for Terrorcotta’s artwork. In addition to looking cool, it is scalable. It can be shrunk down or enlarged quite a bit and it will still look like what it is. Some of the other artwork, fine though they may be, would probably be hard to recognize if it were scaled down for a business card or look goofy if it were enlarged for a T-short.

And being in a circular cartouche, it is well suited for use as a button as well as a logo.

Plus it’s very cool-looking with that riveted shell and the mutant atomic radio antenna tail.

Why, thank you!

OK so my art skills suck, so maybe someone else can draw this if they want. I was imagining Atomic Shrimp as a superhero. The picture would be a guy in spandex, standing all heroic like, just with a shrimp head instead of a human head. His chest logo would be an atom symbol.

Wel… the deadline has passed, and all the entries have been collected and closely scrutinised.

Thanks, warmly, for all of your contributions; I found the final decision quite tough because there are several that I really like and indeed would be proud to use… but there can be only one final choice and that one is Daithi Lacha’s peeled green shrimp with orbitals

Thanks again to everyone who entered; your works will be immortalised on a subpage of the website; and thanks especially to Daithi Lacha - I’d be grateful if you could email me(address per my profile) the uncompressed version of the logo; if you include a postal address in the email, I’ll be delighted to send you your small non-monetary prize.

Thanks everyone.

::Smiles warmly but wisftfully for cameras and applauds winner politely::

::Inwardly shakes fists with impotent rage::

Congrats Daithi Lacha! Nice job!

Congrats Daithi Lacha.

Excellent work.

Grrrrrrr. :stuck_out_tongue:

WOO HOO! YAH! YAHHHHHHH! BOO-YA! IN YER FACE!

uh …
I mean, Oh, how lovely. Thank you! I’ll send that file on forthwith, Mangetout, and nice work, everyone else.

turns around, punches air

Yes! I win the intarnets!

Well… the site is up and running - not a lot of content right at the moment…

Very nice - and I hope Daithi Lacha appreciated that first prize surprise gift of a new Mercedes and Cartier watch.

Jealous!

And anyway, it was a Rolex.

I know its a zombie, just thought I would tell you, that your aluminum can metal embossing article is getting alot of love in SCA circles right now