Attention, PNW Dopers!

Isn’t Fairhaven the name of the town in Popeye (the Robin Williams movie)?

Or was that Sweethaven? Ah, never mind…

So how early do us Seattle residents have to leave (taking traffic into account) to make it by 7:00? (asks the recent transplant)

I would say 5:00 should get you here by 7:00. It took me 1 1/2 hours to drive home from the Seattle DopeFest, and that was with really light traffic.

Then again, I am not familiar with your rush hour traffic.

OK, so if we want to have a carpool leave by 5 p.m. that means meeting up somewhere at 4:45 or so. So far the people who have shown interest in carpooling are ren, pluto, lissener and me. (And don’t worry, I won’t be bringing any “tag-alongs” this time.)

I have no idea what the commute would be like though, and I don’t have a problem with leaving earlier if we need to.

Just an update to let you all know that I have made reservations at “The Black Cat” for Friday November 17th at 7:00PM. If you want to make it 7:30, please post that to this thread so I can change the res.

Also hoping that in bumping this thread up, more PNW Dopers might see it and think about coming.

So far, I think we have

JayLa
Pluto
Lissener
Danalan
ren
JohnnyLA
JLA’s friend
Scotti

and hopefully from Vancouver

Niggle
rjk

If your email address is not in your profile, please send it to me at Scotticher@aol.com so I can send you directions.

Hope you are all looking forward to this as much as I am!

Scotti

I’m taking the laptop with me, so I’ll have e-mail access during the trip.

Great, Johnny~

That will be a big help.

I’ll also email you my phone number so you can call me if you need last minute updates or anything along that line.

Scotti

*DocDaneeka appeared in another thread. He has (at this writing) 8 posts. He is in Washington state, so I thought I’d let you all know.

BTW: Still no job offers in WA. But my Bellingham friend says he’ll rent me a room. Maybe I’ll just move to B’ham and figure out the job later?

yeah, we ought to meet up somewhere. JayLa, you’re on the east side, right? I think both lissener and I are in the city. Pluto, if you’re driving, which is better for you?

In four hours I’ll be airborne! Woohoo! :smiley:

Scotticher asked me to post these directions and link …

Directions to The Black Cat
Take the Fairhaven Parkway exit from the freeway, and turn left. At the stoplight, turn right and at that point you go straight for about three really short blocks. The restaurant is in the large restored building on the corner of 12th and Harris, upstairs.

And here, if this link works, is a map:
The Black Cat

pluto, are you still up for driving?

It looks like the link isn’t working (probbaly because it’s such a huge one) so I’ll forward the email to anyone who needs it.

Had fun in Hoquiam. Nice little town, and good company. Sorry to leave. I’m in Lynnwood now. Met with a customer in Seattle. She wants to hire me, but they’re not hiring right now. Left her a new resume (no leypad, so I can’t use the accents over the e’s!). Back down to Puyallup for dinner with my cousin tonight, then search the job scene around Seattle tomorrow. Bellingham in a few days…

OOPS!

I asked JayLa to post the link to the map, since I have yet to figure out how to do that. Thank You for doing so, JayLa, although the link doesn’t appear to work. Actually, the written directions should get you here easily, and I have given JayLa my cell phone number, just in case. I am assuming a car pool. danalan, if you are coming, email me back and I will send the CP number to you as well.

However, I forgot that there are two stoplights after you leave the freeway. (The first one is fairly new, and I don’t get over there all that ofton.) So go through the first stoplight, and turn right at the second one.

Here are the corrected directions~sorry!

Directions to The Black Cat

Coming from the South

Take the Fairhaven Parkway exit from the freeway, and turn left. At the SECOND stoplight, turn right. At that point you go straight for three really short blocks. The restaurant is in a large restored building on the corner of 12th and Harris, upstairs.

While I am here, it would be nice if everyone could let me know for sure if they are coming.

Definate’s-

JayLa
JohhnyLA
JLA’s friend
Scotticher

Last time I heard definates
Pluto
ren
lissener
danalan

Are you coming?'s

Niggle
rjk

I have reservations for ten, and just want to know if I need to make any changes

Thanks!

Scotti

Just wanted to bump this again and comfirm that ren, lissener and I are all definites.

A big whats up to all my Fellow PNWerners. Yo from P-Town. (Portland) I’d be there if I could, but A- must work Friday/Saturday… B- Birthday weekend, and much festivities are already planned.

Have a great one though!

Mrs. Danalan and I are all set. We plan on driving up in the AM and doing some shopping. There are a couple used bookstores we could spend half a day in (half a year, more likely).

Scotticher, I’ll Email you and swap Cell #'s.

See you all soon!

Scotticher, your Email link is locked on your profile. Mine isn’t, so you can Email me if you like.

I’m sorry but it seems I won’t be attending the Bellingham Dopefest after all. Too many conflicts with work and family. :frowning:

BTW, this also means I won’t be driving so you potential car poolees will have to designate another driver.

Again, I apologize. I wish I could be there.