Auctioning the 'Imagine' piano

You know, I realize that Yoko Ono was John Lennon’s wife. She, then is entitled to everything he owns, and owned, doing whatever she wants to with it.

But, hey!! Auctioning off his white ‘Imagine’ piano, ONLINE??? How much money does she have to have anyway??? Why not save it for the Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame? Why not the Smithsonian…okay, maybe NOT the Smithsonian. But, for pete’s sake, does she have to SELL everything to the highest bidder???

Come on Yoko, how many shoes can you buy in one lifetime anyway???

“Consider it a challenge…”

What is she doing with the proceeds?
I’ll bet she is donating to some cause that she feels John would approve of. John did not care what people thought of his wife while he was alive and trusted her enough to stay married to her and have a child with her. He pretty much loved her until the day he died. (Ever her the song “Woman”?) I think that pretty much gives her the right do do as she fit.
What make you think that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn’t one of the bidders, or the the Hard Rock Cafe for that matter.

You know when I first read the news I DID jump to conclusions. You’re right, I assumed and I DO know better. I saw it only as her making a buck off of his memory. I hope you’re right about the money going for something good.

“It took something like this to make the Miss America Pageant look good to me.” Patricia Ireland on the TV show 'Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?"

People, as much as I dislike Yoko Ono, it is her property and she can do whatever she pleases with it. It is also her money and she can spend it as she pleases.

Maybe, if we’re lucky, the new owner will use it to set a new speed record for busting up a piano and stuffing the pieces through a four-inch hole. (I hope that category’s still in the Guinness Book of World Records; I’d be awfully disappointed if they’d gotten rid of it.)

Lennon’s “Imagine” is not quite as bad a song as Celine Dion singing, “My Heart Will Go On,” but it’s close. It’s a bunch of sappy New Age platitudes, strung together to a dreary little tune. I like Lennon in spite of, rather than because of, that song.

What, like the IRA? Newspaper reports today suggest he donated money to the IRA in the early 70s. “Imagine all the people, living life in peace”…indeed.

And you’re view would be unbiased right? Are you upset that he didnt give the money to a loyalist group? Leave the man alone. Let him rest in peace. Lord knows he didnt have enough when he was alive.

J
Because Fido ate the Hand Grenade for me,
When the Tans came round to search the house at tea,
I said, “Take this, dog, and eat”,
He thought it was a can of meat,
It was the hand grenade that Fido ate for me.

Just exactly where do you get the notion that I would prefer he donated to a loyalist group? No, I’m not upset that he didn’t favour a loyalist organisation, simply disgusted that he could be so hypocritical as to fund any group who murder people indiscriminately to further their cause.

Where did I get the assumption? forgive me if I jumped to conclusions, but I hope you can understand my assumptions when you have a username wint the word “HUN” in it. No offence intended, but I hope you can see where I’m coming from.

BTW, I’m a pacifist, As I was remarking on was that people cant leave the man alone, always looking for some kind of dirt on him, from the CIA files alleging he was a Communist heroin addict, to this latest outburst. Leave his life alone, and remember him for what he left behind. His life ended, but his music never will.

J

Not everything is as sinister as you might think. The origin of my nick? Some good natured banter between the fans of Glasgow Rangers and Celtic on http://www.football365.co.uk (“hun” being the nickname attributed to Rangers fans by Celtic fans). I support no terrorist organisations and to infer that I did from some obscure football reference is insane.

As for John Lennon, well if I remember correctly it was a friend or a family member making the most recent accusations. I’m only the messenger…

No offence intended.
BTW, I’m Irish, from Dublin, so I know the story about Huns.

ANd I’ve never heard about “Good Natured Banter” between the Old Firm fans!!!
ever heard Billy Connolly’s song about the fan stranded down the wrong end?

J

The Old Firm is a big joke these days. I mean, they’re all Dutch anyway :smiley:

Coldfire

"You know how complex women are"

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Believe me, the morons are in the minority. Most of us get on just fine. You wouldn’t catch me up London Road with a Rangers scarf though…

What get me about the whole piano thing is that it will sell for thousands of dollars, and the song says “imagine no possessions”.

Does anyone else see the irony of this?

Admission: I’m drunk as I write this. Does it make sense? I’ll try to read it tomorrow and see if it does.

Makes perfect sense to me, Revtim. But then again, there’s probably going to be a dozen posters chiming in to claim that I am posting whilst drinking vast amounts of beer again.

You know what? They’re right too :smiley:

Coldfire

"You know how complex women are"

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Imagine no posessions… which is why she’s selling it! DUh! :wink:

“it’s all real”
“I KNEW IT!!!”
O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Good point OpalCat, I was looking at it from the buyer’s point of view, not the seller’s.

[rant mode on]

Yoko can feltch my mange-ridden hampster. Knowing she is stealing from Johns memory, how can she sleep at night??

On a big pile of money.

putz (In tribute to wally. get well soon)
[rant mode off]

J

Hey John, sorry 'bout your poor sick hamster, but why would you want to make it worse by letting Yoko near it??? Wouldn’t that be considered ‘cruel and unusual punishment’??

Judy

“It’s hard to avoid reading because ever wheres we go, reading is there.”