Audible.com and MP3 Players

I’m pretty sure this is a GQ, but if not feel free to take me out back and shoot me.

Anyhoo, Audible and Zune are now buddies so I can listen to my audiobooks on the go. But I also like to listen to then at home on my PC.

In the Audible manager when my Zune is hooked up it has an indicator showing me where in the file (on the Zune) I left off. But as far as I can tell there is no way to play the book on my Zune through my PC.

Long story short, I want both my Zune and my PC to start playback from where I left off regardless of which device I played it on last.

Jeff

I haven’t used Zune, but I don’t think is possible through my audible devices. You might rig the Zune up to a ‘line input audio’ on your computer, but that’s about the only way I can think of.

I’d do that, but I have optical audio coming from my PC to my receiver, and adding a line-in would be more of a headache than manually fast forwarding on each device as needed.

The thing that gets me is that the Audible Manager knows where I’m at on my Zune. There’s a little indicator.