Aussie equivalent of Graham crackers?

Never heard of that one. I buy McVities digestives all the time at Meijer here in Ky. They carry Cadbury too. Very nice with tea.

For smore’s you can definitely use digestives - just the plain ones, not the chocolate. There’s a brand of digestives that’s thinner than the McVities, but for the life of me I can’t remember now, and of course I wouldn’t know if they are sold in Oz.

I’ve also made smore’s with Marie biscuits and rich tea biscuits. Note that McVities make both digestives and rich teas, but the digestive is closer to the Graham (in fact, a stale digestive is even closer :slight_smile: )

My smore cherry has been popped! They taste like cake :cool:

In NZ, we would use something like this (Round wine biscuit - a sweet, dry biscuit) for our equivalent of s’mores (generally without chocolate).

Or digestives, which are bigger.

That’s funny, because I was thinking the chocolate kind might be pretty good.

No, McVities are sold in the usual packaging. I dislike graham crackers but am quite fond of digestive biscuits; to me they are nothing alike.

Do you have something like this in Australia: Keebler Fudge Stripes? We’ve used these as a short cut smore before and they are delicious.

Me too. I loved a product that was out in the early 90’s called Suddenly S’mores and two milk chocolate digestives + marshmallows + 15 seconds in the microwave seems like it could replicate it pretty nicely.

Well, I checked with an American today, and it seems I used the ‘‘wrong’’ crackers (the ones I used made it taste like warm cake). I’ll see if she can steer me straight…

We make our s’mores between chocolate chip cookies instead of graham crackers. Not authentic but yummy!

Using Hobnobs (with the chocolate side inwards) might be a shortcut but I don’t know if they sell those in Australia?

This is confusing. One thing I have picked up is Teddy bear “crackers” which are sweet. We have those.

Here’s some of the range of biscuits (cookies) we get

http://www.arnotts.com.au/our-products/products/plains.aspx

If thinking of the description of Graham Crackers that maybe the Marie or Milk Arrowroot might work?

I’m an Aussie living in the US, and, as I mentioned in post #9, Granita is the closest available sub.

OK, I’ll try with Granita…

Well, here’s a recipe from an Australian site that uses, Digestive Biscuits as many others suggested.

And another that uses Arnotts shredded wheatmeal biscuits.

I suppose it’s unlikely if you don’t have Graham Crackers, but do you by chance have Golden Grahams cereal? There’s usually a recipe on the box (and failing that, on their website) for a s’mores cereal bar. (Similar, but superior to a Rice Krispies Treat). It’s not the same as a s’more, but should give you the right flavor.
Or, you could somehow order graham crackers online, I suppose…