Automobile extended warranties

For about the past 2 years or so, I have gotten literally thousands of spam e-mails, several phone calls a day, postcards at least once a week, etc. How do I get this to stop?

You’d think they would have figured out by now that I’m not interested, and honestly, whoever’s sending them out has spent way more money on it than they would ever recoup if I signed up for it. :rolleyes:

Buy a new car every three years like I do. Otherwise, I know of no effective method to stop the glurge.

I don’t think the extended warranty spam calls have anything to do with what kind of car you have. I used to chuckle when I would get the “The warranty on your car may be expiring!” calls when I drove a late 70’s diesel Mercedes with 400,000 miles on it. I was always half tempted to call them and say “You’re right! It ran out 350,000 miles ago!” and see what they said. Although from what I understand, extended warranties that are sold via unsolicited phone calls work are usually written in such a way that they cover essentially nothing, so they probably would have been fine with it.

Put yourself on the Do Not Call list. It works almost as good as other government programs. Well not even almost.

1. Recycle any paper products.

2. Get a good spam blocking tool.

3. Get a call blocker app for your smart phone - I have Call Control for Android. For any other phone make sure to check Caller ID and don’t answer anything that you don’t recognize. If it’s important, they will leave a voice mail.

(emphasis added)

So. . .
Have you voted in my poll?