Avatar: Seven Havens on Paramount Plus (spoilers after first post)

The third animated series in the Avatar: The Last Airbender franchise dropped its first three episodes on Paramount Plus yesterday.

This is a discussion thread. Spoilers after this post.

Okay, so I knew going in that the series would feature twin sisters Pavi and Nisha, but what I didn’t see coming, because the showrunners kept it a big secret, was that both of them are Avatars. We don’t learn that until the very end of the first episode. I actually said out loud, “Two of them?” when that was revealed.

Nisha has been kept a secret for the last three years, training with the captain of the Bending Brigade and the members of the Order of the White Lotus, while Pavi has been instinctively hiding, because it’s the law that every bender must join the Bending Brigade. Apparently, fewer and fewer genders are being born every year, and the Haven of Ellora needs them to protect and serve the city.

But Pavi has no interest in that. She’d always suspected she was the Avatar but had hoped it wasn’t true. She doesn’t want to fight anyone, and indeed in Chapter 3, Pavi and Nisha get into a fight when Pavi gets freaked out by how Nisha went to town on a training dummy with all four elements.

I think it’ll be good for them that Jae is taking over their training.