B-vitamin distribution in organic foods

Does the distribution of B-vitamins, minerals and micronutrients vary in organic compounds and by how much. In other words when you buy a daily multivitamin or supplement or whatever with various amounts or nutrients, natural or synthetic, measured in RDA’s or whatever, what would be the most acceptable proportions? I mean there seems to be no agreed upon set standard. :frowning:

Noise is for Toys Boys!

Um, I’m going out on a limb here, but I believe that RDA stands for Recommended Daily Allowance. It seems to follow that 100% of the RDA for any given nutrient would be the “set standard.”

Forgive me if this is not what you are asking, your post was a little difficult to parse.

Dr. Fidelius, Charlatan
Associate Curator Anomalous Paleontology, Miskatonic University
Cave ab homine unius libri

DrFidelius stated:

Yeah. It is a little fuzzy I admit.

Here’s what’s on the menu. I am attempting to re-examine the questions surrounding the old synthetic versus organic debate, in this case relating to nutritional supplements, and in this case also relating to the actual amounts. I know that natual is better, not only from personal experience, but I have also noticed that the amounts of certain compounds found in vitamins, especially the B-Vitamin complexes, natural or not, vary widely, sometimes even within the same brand name.

How arbitrary are these self-imposed standards? In many cases it has been shown that these (RDA’s) amounts are only the lower limit baselines for these nutrients, barely sufficient even for only for the barest of nutritional needs.

This of course also includes missing or non-existent micro-nutrients and missing co-factors as well-“The Never-Ending Industrial Strength Flaw of Vitamin/Supplement Manufacture.” Or something like that.

Hypervitaminosis anyone? :o