Ba-dee-ya, Rantin' in September (monthly mini rants)

You know best about your own life, but I have to say, from a distance, that getting embroiled in the situation again does not sound like a recipe for happiness.

You have:

• a difficult relationship with the main guy, who has issues as he learns to manage the disability.
  • a difficult relationship with his brother, because he does
  • a difficult relationship with his father (I think: maybe that’s the brother again).

It looks to me that this is family stuff where you should NOT GET BETWEEN HIM AND HIS BROTHER UNTIL THEY’VE WORKED IT OUT.

It also looks like he’s using you to score points against his brother in a very petty way re: snacks.

Honestly, are you choosing the right side here in terms of your BF’s long-term health and well-being? It doesn’t sound like it. It sounds like you’re indulging him against the better judgement of people who might be in a good position to know him at a much deeper level.

Let’s just say the brother is objectively terrible. Why do you want to be a part of this family, as long-term girlfriend? Or, if you don’t, why is a short-term relationship worth all this agony?

I see a few possibilities. Going with one, I won’t advise you against getting back together with him. I will however say it’s an extremely bad idea. When, not if, he hurts you again I will take the occasion to say “See? I told you so!”

I appreciate you not flaming me. He says his brother has always been an ass. His father told me a month ago that was true. He did want certain items(canned coffee, cookies) and brother decides what food he wanted to bring and doesn’t care about bf’s wishes. Its like he wants to be in control. I have gotten him his items.
Nurses have said he can be released eventually if our place is safe.
Not sure how broad poa is.
I had taken care of him over a year, his brother works 12 hour days 7 days and lives with his girlfriend and her 4 kids.
His father is caretaker to his wife, bf’s mom for over 20 years as she overdosed back then and cannot to anything. Yet shes not in a nursing home, and bf was showering, changing clothes and walking in and out of his bathroom himself a month ago.

At least the rest of the ‘trophy’ didn’t end up inside my house…

Maybe there’s some other reason that a cleaning crew (with multiple vehicles) spent most of the day at my neighbor’s house.

He’s a user.

Blast! I’ve been waiting for the premiere of Lego Masters and I just remembered it was tonight 2 minutes ago!

And she is too nice.

I’m here to hopefully make a few of you chuckle. I make and sell cheese. I have my cottage license and sell to two restaurants. This means my kitchen is open at any time for the County Health Inspectors to visit, and I should expect four random inspections a year.

I have been notified that my next random kitchen inspection is scheduled for Friday afternoon and if I couldn’t arrange to be home, I should call (this number) to reschedule.

Don’t see how he is using me when I’m the one who reached out to him.

Not in that instance, but based on his history as told by you, I’ll agree that he is a user.

Yesterday I saw our friend Ed for the first time since the start of the pandemic. He’s about ten years older than me, but was in perfect health and more active than we are. I thought he was being extra cautious about COVID, but he eventually sent me an email explaining that he was diagnosed with very aggressive prostate cancer a few weeks prior to the onset of COVID.

He is still battling the cancer and decided to look into medical marijuana as a way of cutting back his alcohol self medicating. I helped him get his card, and yesterday I helped guide him on his first dispensary visit. It was sad seeing how his disease has affected him. He struggled trying to count out money.

A dispensary worker asked me if I’d placed my order yet and I told her I was fine. She was confused and I was confused by her confusion. Eventually I learned that they have a referral discount for patients bringing new patients and she assumed I’d be placing an order to use my discount, which is substantial. I got kind of indignant and told her I was there to help a friend in need.

She told me that people actually hang out on Facebook and Reddit in medical marijuana groups, offering to help new patients as a way of snagging the discount!

Well, this morning, my at home test was negative. I am staying home anyway because the cough has gotten worse and my chest feels heavy and I generally feel crummy if I’m moving around a lot. I have a feeling that if I test again tomorrow, the results might be different.

If it is COVID, this would be the 3rd time for me. The first time was absolutely horrible. The second time was like a cold. This time is shaping up to be more like the first than the second.

Because he gives her sex? That’s the only reason I can imagine for this desperate and dysfunctional coupling.

Dont care about sex. I love him, love isn’t a goopy feeling, its commitment.
I can get sex from anyone.

Not me, I have plans tonight.

Anyone I would actually want. :upside_down_face:
Why would someone think an older woman is with a younger man for sex?

NM , this post has to have 5 letters

I was sitting here yesterday waiting for an Amazon package to arrive, which included my new small credit card wallet, and out of boredom clicked on the reviews for it, which I had not read before. I mean, it’s a little wallet – what’s to review? All that matters is size, card capacity, and general quality and appearance.

Well, no. A number of the reviews complained that the thing stank to high heaven, to the point of being unusable. One guy said he had to put it out in his garage, where it stank up the garage!

I took some consolation from noticing that everyone complaining about the smell had ordered a black one. Mine is brown. And indeed when it arrived it turned to be just fine. It has a pleasant mild smell of new leather, that’s all. Must have been something about the black stain they were using, or a bad batch.

On a different rant, the installation of the fiber optic infrastructure in the neighbourhood is proceeding apace. I don’t quite understand how they’re doing it but it seems to consist of a large truck stopping every 100 feet or so and making an enormous racket, then moving on and repeating the enormous racket. Normally I’d be totally annoyed by the noise, but as a geeky nerd I welcome the availability of direct fiber to the home, and as a hater of my incompetent cable provider, I welcome the availability of competition.

The Squrirels In My Building

For a while, I’ve occasionally heard them in the crawlspace and ducts. Today, while I was putting laundry in the machine, I head a noise. I turned and saw a squirrel climbing into the crawlspace from the wall. I know they are generally cute and harmless. I also know cornerd animals bite. I left the laundry room and went back to my apartment. A few minutes later when I opened the door, I saw the squirrel heading out the laundry room door and upstairs. Last I saw, it was pacing on the third floor landing.

I called management. They said they would send maintenance right away. That was over two hours ago. Either they were very quiet, or they haven’t shown up yet. I’m betting on the second.

Accept your furry overlords.:chipmunk:

I like the squirrels. I have even been known to go against the terms of my lease and feed them. They are cute and fuzzy and I don’t want them in my building!

My late friend Bill’s totem was the squirrel. He had all kinds of neat squirrel-themed stuff. The combination to his DaVinci Code Cryptex was Squirrel. I miss him.