Baby girl born yesterday! Need name suggestions fast please

Got it backwards. Demeter is Persephone’s mother.

He’s got a daughter he calls Easter. She was born on a Tuesday night…

I have a friend named Purity Spring (lastname). It works for her.

My kids are Mary Grace and Claire Elizabeth. We call the first one “Mary Grace” but the second one is just “Claire,” unless she’s in trouble. And the big one is “Mary Grace Elizabeth” when she is in so much trouble that I need a middle name to yell.

Congratulations!

If your wife is nixing “Jenessa,” then she sounds like a classy lady. :wink:

LOVE Ariana, HATE Indiana!

Haru is Spring in Japanese and is an old fashioned name.
Aki is Autumn in Japanese and is a name that is well known but not super popular.

Well, he said he was in a hurry. I had no time to look. :slight_smile:

I’ll stick with my flower names then.

Lucy is a lot more popular lately, at least in the US. It’s climbing and at #135 on the SSA list.

Ariana is a very nice choice.

Congrats, dad!

Just name her Claudia. That’s the name I was going to spring on my husband when our baby was born but he turned out to be Matthew. Get it - Spring?

On my first trip to Germany, I stayed with a family who had Romanian roots. The daughter was called Senta because she was born in September. That’s all her mother had the English to tell me, so I don’t know exactly what the connection would be, and Google is failing me.

[ul]
[li]Lois[/li][li]Betty[/li][li]Veronica[/li][li]Sabrina[/li][li]Ginger[/li][li]Mary Ann[/li][/ul]:smiley:

[Pulp Fiction]
Esmeralda: What is your name?
Butch: Butch.
Esmeralda: What does it mean?
Butch: I’m American, honey. Our names don’t mean shit.
[/Pulp Fiction]

Not quite the same, but **Aurora **is nice. It means “Dawn” or “Sunrise”. Springtimey in feel, if not in literal meaning.

Persephone had another name I like a lot: Kore, pronounced “Coray”. I believe it should be repopularized in these days of Kaylees and Cory’s. :smiley:

The tobacco company that you’re probably thinking of is Altria, formerly known as Phillip Morris. I’ve never heard of the insurance company, but as someone from a social group with largely Hebrew names, Aviva is a totally normal girl-name to me. I have an aunt Aviva.

FWIW, I think Ariana is lovely, but Indiana makes me think of imitation-pulp movies, or a Midwestern state.

Thanks for all the replies. I think the baby’s name will be Matilda.

Nice name. Congratulations!

Congratulations! I think Matilda is a nice name too but I am biased as my niece is Matilda! (I preferred Ariana but who cares what I think!)

Have a very happy life, live long and love hard, Matilda!!

No love for my favorite name, “Samantha,” eh?

Renée, “reborn,” might be due for a comeback.

I love it! And very appropriate for an Australian little girl, might I add.

Awesome!!! I love the name Matilda!! Congratulations!

Will you call her Mattie or Tillie? Or Matilda?

Since when was “September” an acceptable female name?

While I think Matilda is much preferable to some of the names you folks considered, does it have some relationship to spring or September of which I am not aware?