Baby girl born yesterday! Need name suggestions fast please

My baby girl was born early. Now my wife is having second thoughts about the name we chose. Are there any good names meaning ‘September’ or 'Spring ( the season ) ?
I please request no attempted lame humour. I do not have the time.

How about “September?”

Or maybe “Spring?”

Both perfectly acceptable female names.

While I haven’t seen it used as a name, the Italian “Primavera” has a nice ring to it. She could be “Prima” or “Vera” for short.

There’s April and May, which are spring months and perfectly nice names. And then there’s Autumn, which I’ve always liked.

Flower names might be good for Spring: Lily, Rose, Violet, etc. Fall colors can be good for September, like Amber.

I like the names Doryanne and Rosalynn. I don’t have much for September or Spring, though. Maybe a flower that blossoms in spring? Lily, Iris, Jasmine, Delphinium, Camelia, Alyssum, Viola. I guess Pigface is out.

No time for lame humour? There’s always time for lame humour, especially here!

April… it’s in Spring. I think it’s a beautiful and under appreciated name.

Check the location - he’s in Australia - no spring in April and May.

This sitehas names that mean Spring. I like Aviva.

Also, September is the ninth month, so Nona, meaning “ninth” is an option, as is “nine” in any language you find appealing.

What was the name you chose?

Czech:
Jaroslava, “The glory of spring.” Jarka for short.
Jaromira, “spring peace.”
Jarmila, “spring favor.”
The “J” is a “Y” sound.

Isn’t Aviva either that holding company that owns all those tobacco firms, or that old-people’s insurance company (Norwich Union) that got renamed? To me it has an air of corporate weaseling.

Vera or Verna would work.

Congrats on your daughter BTW :slight_smile:

I hadn’t heard of it, but a quick google says there’s an insurance company with that name. Might not have the same burden of associate in Australia, though.

Jenessa.

I am looking at the names ‘Ariana’ or ‘Indiana’.

It doesn’t mean spring or September and I don’t know why Jenessa was nixed, but if you and your wife like the sound of Jenessa more than the name, how about Janae? A friend’s niece is Janae. I think it’s a lovely name.

My favorite girl’s name is Madeline. Consider Madeline.

Just hope she never sees the Last Crusade… “We named the dog Indiana…”

There are numerous classic names for girls that are untrendy and always beautiful. A partial list, in my humble opinion:

Anna
Bethany
Claire
Cara
Daphne
Ellen
Elaine
Elizabeth
Faith
Grace
Gwendolyn
Hope
Iris
Jennifer
Kelly
Laura
Leah
Madeleine
Nell
Nancy
Rachael
Susannah
Tabitha
Veronica
Victoria

Any of these would make a lovely name for your daughter. Congratulations!

Ariana is a beautiful name; I know someone whose daughter is named Ariana. It is, however, the national airline of Afghanistan. :slight_smile: