Bacon, Eggs, Pancakes, and Hashbrowns.

And toast. I don’t want much. Syrup on the hotcakes. Bacon Crisp. Eggs fried in bacon grease. Toast and coffee. Real butter on the hotcakes. Never had REAL maple syrup but I"ll take Aunt Jemiamas if there isn’t any butter.

Oh! Coffee has to have REAL milk (or cream) and REAL sugar.

Good Morning!

Does this breakfast reallly exist?

And I also forgot grits. (I’m from the south)

Wasting bandwidth as usual,

Jack

I would like to know where in the United States I can obtain an English breakfast. I realise you guys won the war and everything, but I would have hoped you would have been happy with just changing the spelling of everything. Why throw out the most delicious breakfast ever?

I’ll take it except for the grits and the eggs. And if we don’t have bacon I’ll have the sausage patties. Not the links, the patties. I do have real maple syrup. My dad’s got a diesel pusher RV with two slideouts (cue Home Improvement grunting) and last summer they were in New Hampshire and brought home some real maple syrup.

What’s a real English breakfast? Is that the one with kippers?

OK, I’m ready. What is the most delicious breakfast across the pond?
P.S. The best place to eat breakfast ( in a restaurant) is in Atlanta.
INMO.
BTW are English Muffins as good as they are cracked up to be?

You have to get the good English muffins. Thomas English muffins. Pop those things in the toaster, slather them with butter and strawberry jam. Yum yum yum.

Jake, you forgot the orange juice.

Nope. That’s simply “kippers for breakfast”

A real English Breakfast is any generous combination of bacon, sasuage, black pudding, fried egg, tomatoes, fried mushrooms, toast, hash browns, baked beans, etc. (BTW, black pudding is essential, according to the English Breakfast (Amendment) Act 1955)

Pancakes are far too French to be anything other than a novelty :wink:

Dear god, man. Where’s the gravy!?

This site has a good description of an English breakfast. I’m not actually English, I’m South African, but we have a very similar breakfast (minus the black pudding).

I’m pleased that you say Atlanta has the best breakfasts, since I’m probably moving there.

Good link, Driver8 - but ignore the ‘don’t fry’ advice regarding sasuages. If you buy decent ones, they can fry with no extra fat, and are pure pork.

I know a chef that regards cooking a full English to be one of the best tests of a cook - they need to deal with 4-6 pans at once, all of which can be under- or overcooked by a matter of minutes. And many of which aren’t easy to judge by eye.

I’m going to ignore all advice, to be perfectly honest – I’d probably burn toast. :slight_smile:

Thanks to thousands of years of glorious civilization, I plan to pay someone else to do the work for me.

OK, try this wonderful compromise - only one pan, but all the cholesterol!

Okay, I’ll share (the info, not the breakfast!)-

Breakfast #1- three eggs over hard, bacon crisp, hash browns, sourdough toast with real butter, orange juice, black coffee.

Breakfast #2- country-fried steak with sausage gravy, then all of the above minus the bacon.

Sausage will do in a pinch.

Damn, I eat like a trucker! You’d never know that I’m really a petite gal!

:smiley:

Now that’s pretty awesome. In fact, that’s exactly what my family used to do when we went caravanning in SA :slight_smile:

I’ll take a double order of Huevos Rancheros please. As long as it’s all fresh, if I see you pouring salsa out out a can and I’ll throw it in your face. :mad:

Now where is that waitress? I’m getting hungry over here!

To the OP I’ll add: The eggs must have runny yolks, and they must be lieing on top of the crunchy hashbrowns.

But I DO have a weakness for biscuits and sausage country gravy.

I’d modify the OP to have not-that-crisp bacon, add the grits, loaded with cheese, and toss in a couple of broiled tomato slices. Orange marmalade for the toast, or better yet, lemon marmalade. Oh, and the eggs have to be fried hard. Hashbrowns well-done or potatoes O’Brian, and you can forget the pancakes. Make sure the Crystal sauce is on the table, and leave the pot of coffee.

Fluffy buttermilk biscuits drowned in yummy sausage gravy, with a side of scrambled eggs (with just a sprinkling of salt and pepper), and toast with strawberry jelly, por favor. Oh, and an iced tea.

Now THAT’S breakfast.

Hash browns with cheese, onions and peppers - cooked crisp before the cheese is added. Eggs over medium. Raisin toast with apple butter. Lots of hot coffee. Unless I’m hung over, in which case the drink of choice will be Coca-Cola. Never Pepsi. >shudder<<

And the newspaper, please.

I like **Waffle House **, can you tell?

I would marry you for breakfast #2, but I dislike black coffee. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m making a special breakfast for my SO in the morning, but it’s a surprise. He gets biscuits & gravy, hash browns, and fried eggs. No, I’m not trying to kill him. I promise.

Breakfast number 1: Two eggs, scrambled, with white pepper, garlic, red onions, green peppers and (preferrably) cheddar cheese, hash brown cassrole, toast with real butter and blackberry jam, cantalope, and a large glass of OJ (no pulp!)

Breakfast number 2: Homemade pancakes with butter and maple syrup and an ice cold glass of moojuice.

Breakfast number 3: a huge bowl of Cap’n Crunch and a glass of moojuice. Maybe some cantalope or raspberries afterwards.