Bacon, Eggs, Pancakes, and Hashbrowns.

If I’m making it at home , I want bacon , scrambled eggs (must be scrambled HARD , don’t want any of that nasty runny gunk left over) , fried mush with butter and syrup , and biscuits .

If I am at my all time favorite breakfast restaurant (which we don’t have here in Indiana , I have to wait till I travel South for them) - Waffle House (Yes , I know all the horror stories , and quite frankly my dear , I don’t give a damn .) , I want pecan waffles with butter and syrup , bacon , and hash browns , scattered , covered & smothered . (If you have eaten at Waffle House you know this means scattered on the grill , covered with melted cheese and covered with grilled onions .) Now THAT is some good eatin’ !!!

Jake, go to Jimmy’s Egg at NW Penn and Britton. 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties or 3 links or 2 strips of bacon, hash browns, 3 pancakes, coffee. Grits or biscuits and gravy can be subbed for either the hashborwns or the flapjacks. All for about $6.00. All of the items are available in a another breakfast for about $8.00. Yeah, that’s right, all the above and a little more, all at once. That’s 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, 2 bacon strips, 2 links, grits, 3 pancakes, hash browns, biscuits and gravy… Damn.

Beverly’s at NW Expy and Penn has a similar deal with cuter waitresses. This is in OKC, OK, by the way.

What is it about Penn and breakfast?

Where’s that drooling emoticon when you need it?

My breakfast, this morning: hot grits and pan fried catfish nuggets, smothered in a fried vidalia onion, with a banana. My concession to cholestorol: no eggs, margarine or cheese. Also, no salt in the grits: there’s enough in the fish.

I hope that’s nothing like moose nuggets.

Today’s breakfast will probably be either blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup and bacon, or

Scrambled eggs made with 1/2 & 1/2 and some fresh thyme or marjoram, bacon on the side, and toast, or

Eggs over easy on top of hash browned potatoes (fried in olive oil and dusted with parmesan cheese at the end). And bacon. Must…have…bacon.

Coffee too, natch.

You cannot have pancakes without bacon or sausage. I don’t know why, but you simply can’t.

Now you’re making me hungry. My comfort breakfast on the weekend is either buttered toast or bread with Miracle Whip, between which is crisp bacon and Cheddar cheese.

Mmmm…

Toss on a slice of ripe tomato and you have heaven in your hand.

Maybe once a month I’ll buy a pound of good butcher bacon, fry it all up, then wrap it / fridge it. Viola, quick BLTs - I just nuke the bacon. I also like it with pepper jack cheese. Good stuff.

This morning’s breakfast was Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls, real butter, OJ, and an orange. The kid had a sleep over and that’s what they HAD to have.

This is one of three currently active threads in MPSIMS that mentions biscuits. What’s going on?

There are people who actually eat pancakes without maple syrup? Aagh!

Crisp bacon, pancakes with maple syrup and butter, hash browns topped with two over easy fried eggs. Toast with butter and jam. Strong tea with sugar. Maybe oatmeal with brown sugar and heavy cream.

What I’ll probably really have is toast and fried eggs with juice.

Quit with the eggs! You guys are ruining perfectly good breakfasts!

Two or three times a year my family has a breakfast cookout with just the menu you described(except no grits) We also have cantaloupe and orange juice. If you are ever going to be in Topeka, we’ll see what we can do. Oh, and the kids roast marshmallows over the coals, when the grownups are done cooking.

EGGS!!

Another high fave: breakfast burritos; I season the bacon with chili spices, then roll the EGGS scrambled with cream cheese in with the bacon, cilantro, maybe a little tomato into a fresh flour tortilla. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I need the vomit smilie. Eggs are gross. They stink when you cook them. I can barely watch commercials where eggs are featured. If given a choice of a plate of scrambled eggs and starving to death, I would starve to death.

Favorite breakfast #1: two slices toasted pumpernickel bread spread with Skippy Super-Chunky peanut butter, huge glass of tomato juice.

Favorite breakfast #2: cold leftover pizza, any kind, and diet cola.

Default breakfast: Granola bar and an apple.
Eggs? Waffles? Pancakes? French Toast? Cereal? What are these strange foodstuffs you mention?

Cheese omelette, hash browns with ketchup, 2 sausage links, toast with butter and blackberry jam - that’s my favorite drunk-at-Denny’s-at-2 AM meal. Oh, and someone in the room has to be drinking coffee; I don’t like drinking it myself, but I love the smell of fresh coffee, mingled with the smell of frying bacon and sausage. Mmmmmmm.

1. A lightly-toasted bagel or bialy, with garden vegetable cream cheese, lots of lox or smoked salmon, thin slices of onion and tomato. And a tall glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice–don’t skimp on the pulp!

2. A Denver omelette with diced ham, onions, peppers, and lots of cheese, buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup, white toast with butter and strawberry jam, and the aforementioned orange juice.

You forgot the Lovastatin.

…Kippers for breakfast
Mummy dear Mummy Dear
Gotta have them in Texas
'Cuz everyone’s a millionaire

– Supertramp, "Breakfast in America

I should point out they were veddy British, and they sang about breakfast on our side of the pond…

Ivylass, you remind me of the character Treat Williams played in 1941. :smiley:

It’s ok…just means more eggs for the rest of us!

Yes, you can have my eggs. And it won’t break my heart none if you take my mushrooms too.