Bacon, Eggs, Pancakes, and Hashbrowns.

HEATHENS! THE LOT OF YOU!

Pancakes are to be topped with eggs, cooked until the yolks just thicken. Lots of salt and fresh groung pepper. That’s your syrup. Two pancakes per egg is the preferred ratio. Side of sausage patties. V8 served while you wait. Coffiee when served.

Spelling optional

Now, you-all been talking 'bout grits like they’re OK by themselves. They’re not – they have a great texture but not much flavor. You fix that with a couple pats of butter melted into the grits, and most importantly, fresh ground black pepper. Plain old coarse ground works, too, but the stuff you generally find in restaurant pepper shakers has next to no flavor and will just give your grits a mild burn. You’re looking for flavor here.

Cayenne pepper works, too, as does that stuff you boil crabs in, which is mostly cayenne pepper.

A little bacon grease can substitute for the butter, but you have to go easy on it because the grease can get to be too much real easily.

Salt too, of course.

Some people put sugar in grits. They are insane.

I saw a guy bigger than my 6’2" 250 putting sugar in his grits yesterday. I briefly thought of making it an issue. If you wish to argue, the floor is yours.

Two eggs, liquid yolks with solid whites. Bacon, cooked crisp but not burned. Home fries with peppers and onions. Sourdough toast. Coffee. Mmmmm…

My usual breakfast at school is a scone or muffin with whatever flavored coffee they’ve got that day. Fortunately for my cardiovascular system, I usually eat breakfast at school.

Robin

Pepper in grits? Insane. I grew up with grits and we always put butter and sugar in ours. Always. Putting grease in them is just gross. Of course, some grits start out sweeter. Depends on the corn.

Oh well, taste is taste. I won’t laugh at you with your pepper and grease, so leave my butter and sugar alone. And yes, I am more Southern than the South itself. I’m from Texas!

I am taller and heavier than you are. We could sit on him.

Oh, yeah, you’re from that state that thinks barbecue can be made from cows of all things. Go ahead, sugar your grits, you’re excused by reason of being from an insane state.

Cows. The other meat.

I’d like to grab a bite of whale, to tell you the truth.

:smiley:

Mmmmmm. . .sauteed mushroom omelettes.

When I used to camp out on the beach, I would have a breakfast of panfried fish, homefries, and kettle coffee. Now that’s some good stuff.

So, ya want me to hold grits n eggs, hah?

[Jack Nicholson]
I want you to hold it between your knees
[/Jack Nicholson]

I’m rather fond of eggs benedict, it’s tasty and makes you feel a little posh. If I make it for myself I just use a cheese sauce instead of Hollandaise. I’ve come to prefer poached eggs to fried because they’re less greasy and flat and the yolk usually ends up the way I prefer it, partially cooked but still a little runny inside.

I still enjoy just about all the other traditional breakfast foods mentioned*, I just don’t make a habit of eating huge breakfasts, so it’s just a once in a while eating out thing. I think it’s more enjoyable when someone else does the cooking anyway.
*Except for the English Breakfast, sorry but I can feel my arteries clogging and my cholesterol rising just reading about it. And I don’t think I want to eat anything called a “black pudding”, we’re not talking chocolate, right?

While I sometimes have a breakfast similar to the OP’s, I still prefer cold pizza or other leftovers from the night before… with Pepsi.