Bad Prom Themes and other lame memories

Our school’s prom committee chose “An Evening in Paris” as the theme. Which might have been cool if anything else matched the theme. There’s no song by that name that I’m aware of. The decorations weren’t even vaguely French. There were refreshments, a catered dinner actually, but it was also not even vaguely French. No songs that had anything to do with Paris or France were on the DJ’s play list. Um, I could go on, but you get the picture: other than the words “An Evening in Paris” on the glasses, there was nothing that might make one think of France.

I never did grok why they chose that theme.

Bad prom themes. At least you went to the prom. At my school the juniors throw the prom for the seniors and get to go. That is they get to go if they have dates.

Guess who was junior class president?

Guess who started the year with $32.47 in the class treasury?

Guess who turned $32.70 into over five grand by the end of the year? (almost two grand left over after paying for the prom)

Guess who put up the decorations for the prom?

Guess who was kept out becasue of my inability to attractive to sixteen and seventeen year old girls?
Did you guess Zebra to all of these? You were right.
Then these bastards complain that the dj didn’t play the theme song as the last song. (Guess who wasn’t there to take care of that last detail?) So they didn’t dance the last dance to ‘The Best of Times’ by STYX.

Not that I’m bitter.

Our school mascot was the Knights. So all prom themes were sayings with the word “Knight” in them:

Knight To Remember
Knight Of Your Life
Music in the Knight
and the really odd - Wonderful ToKnight

Uh, you didn’t go to a certain school in a certain town named after a certain French explorer, did you? Don’t want to overexpose your personal details, but this is something of an eerie cooincidence, if you didn’t. Or was that prom in 1990, and 1989 was on the boat? My memories of high school are mercifully hazy.

My parents had a very small senior class. (Less than 100). And the males outnumbered the females. So all the guys voted in a bloc for “Stairway to Heaven” for the prom theme. Mom says all the girls cried over it for weeks. She said it wouldn’t have been bad, but it was 1981, and the song was already an oldie.
I get a chuckle everytime I think about it.

We have themes, but they aren’t bad. This year, for the Sr. Prom it’s “Unforgettable.”

Slow, then fast. :wink: