What was your high school class song?

I’m a senior in high school right now, preparing to graduate in May. We are going to be picking our class song soon. The unfortunate front-runner was Young by Kenny Chesney, just proving that our town really is as hick as it gets. That idea was shot down by the administration (thank God) for references to beer and cutting class. I was just wondering what you dopers thought of your class song at the time and what you think of it now.

Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper.

And FWIW, I graduated in 1998.

“Color My World.” I kid you not. Class of '73. ('Scuse me; gotta sign off. Time for my Geritol.)

Mine was I Hope You Dance, by Leeann Womack. Sounds like maybe we come from the same hick town, Amazingrace. :wink:

Class song? Do you mean like the theme song to the prom? That, I am somewhat embarrassed to admit, was “Kokomo,” by the Beach Boys. I was class of '89; I think the prom was the only school function I ever attended.

“That’s What Friends Are For” - Dionne Warwick & Friends

Class of '86

Eck, graduated 1997. The song was “Alice, who the fuck is Alice” by Smokey (I think). Yeah, it was a strange year…

Yeah, I’m not sure what you mean by Class Song.

Homecoming Theme: Cat Scratch Fever: Ted Nugent
(I don’t think the adminstration ever once listened to the words to this)
Senior Song (for end of year party): Yesterday : The Beatles
Prom Theme: errr… I don’t remember. Just goes to show how important I thought that event was, I guess.

Class of '91

“Wonderful Tonight,” Eric Crapton

hrh

Senior Song: “We’ll Always Be Together” from Grease. (Or whatever that song is called.)

And no, I didn’t graduate shortly after Grease was orignally released. :stuck_out_tongue:

<< Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. >>

Steve Winwood “While You See a Chance”

Class of '00, same song. Things don’t change much, do they?

ASL Class of '80

“Baba O’Riley”, The Who

I’m graduating this year to Tom Petty’s “I Won’t Back Down.” I wanted the Beatles’ “In My Life,” but oh well. Both have George Harrison, so I guess I kind of got what I wanted.

Our senior song was “I Will Remember You” by Sarah McLachlan.

It was a craptastic year for us all…considering IWRY beat out “The River” by Garth Brooks AND “Forever Young” by that dude.

IDBB

“that dude” was Alphaville. :slight_smile:

Ours was “Never Say Goodbye” from Bon Jovi. Graduated in 1988.
(my submission in the voting was “We Gotta Get Out Of This Place” by the Animals, but it didn’t even make it to the ballot.)

Mine was “1979” by the Smashing Pumpkins. I graduated in 1997.

I felt a little left out…I was the only person in the class who graduated in 1980 (everyone else was born in 1979).

errrrr… wasn’t “that dude” Rod Stewart, or am I missing an inside joke or something. Coincidently “Forever Young” was our high school song for 1989. I get nauseous just thinking about it.

Lean on Me - Club Nouveau
Class of 87

I’m Alright - Kenny Loggins
Class of '81

Yuck!

Scuttlebutt around the school was that Highway to Hell by AC/DC actually won, but that the powers that be didn’t want that to be our class song…