BADFest - 5/10/02?

Yay! I’ll be there.

Psst…someone might want to ask a mod to change the thread title, in case there are some BADopers who can make it on the 11th but not the 10th.

hmmm…I’m beginning to doubt the existence of this Bad Astronomer character!

Please tell me you don’t mean the Tommy’s on Geary Street in the Richmond, because that place is downright FOUL. I’m going to guess it’s possible for more than one place in the Bay Area to be called Tommy’s though, heh heh.

(Tommy’s Joynt on Van Ness is a delight however. Can’t say as I’ve had their margaritas though.)

I guess it’s on Geary. I’ve only been once, and while foul might be a little strong, it wasn’t the most glorious resteraunt I’ve been to, either. But the 'ritas are pretty tasty.

Er, I’m sure the Tommy’s we’re referring to is the one on Geary between 22nd and 23rd- it hads the largest selection of 100% Agave tequila outside of Mexico. I hear they charge $20 a shot for Cuervo to punish you for ordering the crappy stuff.

I dunno, it may be foul, I was but a tyke when I was last there (it’s two blocks from my house :smiley: ), and cared not what tequila was. But if all I’ve heard is true, it’d be worth it anyway.

That’s the one! It’s the sort of place where you have to walk through the kitchen to get to the bathrooms. BLECH! You can’t expect a refined lady like myself to be seen in a place like that! ::flutters eyelashes::

Advisory:
Be prepared!
Saturday, May 11th is the day of KFOG’s KaBoom free concert and fireworks show at Piers 30/32.
Since this draws over 100,000 people down to the Embarcadero each year, parking will be extremely tight and traffic in that area will be congested.
On the plus side, there’ll be a free concert with Boz Scaggs, Robert Bradley’s Blackwater Surprise, and Zero 7, plus the most amazing fireworks display you’re likely to see. Bring a radio as they are choreographed to a special soundtrack.
More info at KFOG

Oh bugger, that sounds like absolute crap!..we definitely have to move it, eh? (I don’t think Chevy’s will take a group this big under those circumstances. They’re usually empty on weekends.)

Any ideas? (If we decide on something else, we should probably start a new thread, since we’ll have a new date AND location?)

Actually, there is the Chevy’s on (I think?!?!) 4th street south of Market (behind the Metreon) that’s also pretty easy to get to public transit wise and there’s a garage nearby for drivers. There’s most likely a Giants game that afternoon that might give us some trouble, but unless it goes into extra innings I think most of the after-game crowd will be gone by 7:30.

(Checks website -> it’s 201 3rd Street @ Howard)

Saturday is coming up … are we going to go with the alternate Chevy’s?

and the best you can do is Chevy’s?

auslanders…

My toughts exactly. Just like my thoughts on… oh… every SF dopefest held in the past year.

(Aside from the one i planned, that is, where we went to a pretty decent Indian place. ;))

Whether drinking goes on or not isn’t my interest, so it’s someone else’s responsibility.

BTW, lest i be accussed of making criticisms without offering alternatives, i’d recommend Buca di Beppo, half a block from the Chevy’s. Decent Italian food in portions large enough to feed a small army, with an atmosphere that rivals the Madonna Inn. They’ve got a bunch of rooms, so we could have one all to ourselves.There’s a decent Irish pub called the Chieftan nearby, to which we could retire afterwards. They’d probably want reservations for a sizeable group on Saturday evening, but i’d be happy to make them as long as i know how many are going.

My second thought would simply be the food court at the Metreon, which actually has real restaurants in it (not just your basic food court stuff). Plenty of choices, but it’s generally crowded on weekend nights, and it’d be pretty tough to all sit together.

Of course, you’re welcome to go to Chevy’s if you really want to. I’ll just make sure to eat beforehand if you do.

Shoot, I totally missed all these updates. Whatever you guys decide is cool with me. zyzzyva’s place sounds really nice. But I’ll just be totally happy with getting to meet you all.
Oh, and as long as there’s drinks.

I’ll go along with Buca di Beppo.

I don’t give a damn either. Tell us where this Burpo place is and we’ll go there. I still say someone should start another thread with, say, the correct date, etc. on it.

Done.