Banana Saver

A month or so ago somebody posted a link about an obscene item that was designed to protect bananas when you transported them to work or school. Well, Christmas is just around the corner and I think that would be a terrific stocking stuffer. Problem is, I can’t find the link. There are a bunch :smiley: of other banana savers but IIRC the ones posted were especially obnoxious looking.

Can someone please help?

Thank you!

http://bananabunker.com/buy.php

Banana Bunker!

I thank you as does my entire extended family. I can’t wait for the holidays!

Of course Hockey Monkey would find the link for the Banana Bunker…

Hey, that’s what I was thinking, too, but for slightly different reasons. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m having a giggle fest just thinking about the reaction the Banana Bunker will get. Thanks again, Hockey Monkey.

:confused: :smack: :stuck_out_tongue:

They’ve redesigned their site since the last time it was posted here. That’s a shame; the old FAQ was comedy gold.

ETA: This is the site with the FAQ I was thinking of.

oh goodness! i do believe my family needs these as well. i wonder if they will be as popular as the tomato/onion keepers i got them.

the keepers weren’t as… hhhhhmmmm… interestingly shaped…

Hmm, the one I have is different, but no less obscene: http://www.bananaguard.co.uk/eshop/

(Check out the glow in the dark model!)

ultafilter, that site is priceless. i loved the descriptions and the faq had me scaring the cats!

I saved it to my Favorites of course! (I didn’t even think about the Monkey connection.) :stuck_out_tongue: It’s on my Holiday list too!

My favorite from their FAQ:

" Q: Is lubrication recommended for really large bananas?

A: If you have to lubricate your banana to get it into the Banana Bunker, you’re probably going to have a tough time eating it without it getting away from you. The Banana Bunker is quite accommodating, and we recommend that you just stick to bananas that fit in your bunker (which is most all bananas). "

Brilliant! I eat bananas all the time and have felt first-hand the anguish that results from banana detritus in a backpack. I might actually buy one. It will only be used for its intended purpose, you twisted fucks :o