Barbecue Bat-Dope: Let's Dopefest Austin Style

Why not both?

Let’s get a head count and make that call :cool:

Ok, people, narrow this down. I’m probably about the only DFW person that will make the trip. Sunday afternoon is fine, but I’ll have to leave fairly early so it can’t be a late night drunk session. Well, it can, but I’ll have to spend the night that way.

Which Sunday afternoon are you talking about? The 31st? The party in Dallas is on Saturday so that doesn’t stop a trip to Austin on Sunday.

Jim

I think (hope) we’re heading for the 31st

Hey! I just realized. I’ll be bringing luminousman back up there on Easter, so I can make that day. Love to be there, if someone will tell me where it is and how to get there. And settle on a definite time. Around 2-3pm works well for me. The offer of a ride still stands, Tapioca if no one else is coming to get you.

By the way, I loved the tea, thank you so much. However, I imagine it would be better if I could find my stainless steel tea strainer. :rolleyes: Well, soon I’ll go hunt another one up. They must sell them around here somewhere, I’m sure. :slight_smile:

2pm works for me.

Directions

assuming it’s the Salt Lick

[ul]
[li]Get on I-35[/li][li]Get to the Buda turn off[/li][li]In Buda, find FM 967 (it’s at a set of lights)[/li][li]head West (away from I-35) for 12 miles towards Driftwood [/li][li]In Driftwood, turn left (South) on FM 1826[/li][li]The Salt Lick is on the right after about half a mile[/li][/ul]

As you know my directions are idiot proof, but no-one here is an idiot :wink:
Tea strainers? I’ll swap one for a lift. You want stainless steel or :cool: gold?

I’m already promised to go home for Easter, so I won’t be able to make anything 29-31.

So who’s in and who’s out? There’s a whole herd of cows just dying to meet us.

Easter is out for me. Sorry, hope you all have a great time.

I’d prefer something over the weekends. My present work schedule has me getting off work at 8:30PM these days, which means I’d miss most of the gathering, easily.

How about something on the weekend of April 6 or 13th?

BBQ sounds fine.

Ballybay, I just got the word on Friday afternoon. I’ve been accepted (tentatively) at California State University, Northridge! (singing; California, here I come, right back where I started from…)

Yay, Freyr! :slight_smile:

RobynMom went to CSUN for her bachelor’s degree. Sure, it’s been almost 30 years now, but how much different could it be? :wink:

Robin

Okay, how’s this work for everyone?
Sunday the 14th of April, at The Salt Lick.

Now… what time?

**Lightnin’ wrote:

Okay, how’s this work for everyone?
Sunday the 14th of April, at The Salt Lick.**

We could call it TAX LENT! The joyous revel before we all pay our dues to the government! :wink:

Sounds good to me! What do others say?

Thanks, MsR! I’m looking forward to going. Tho I feel, once I’m in grad school, my Doper activities will fall by the wayside. Too busy doing other stuff :frowning:

Yeah, the 14th works for me.

Robin

The 14th works better for me. Congratulations, Freyr!

Salt Lick - on the 14th - let’s go

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. I had a very busy weekend, cleaning up all the storm debris and taking care of some long-overdue yard work. With the help of Lord Jim and Mr Bear (who came home Sat. afternoon quite unexpectedly! :smiley: ), we were able to get quite a lot done.

Tapioca Dextrin, I thank you for your kind offer, and I’d love to trade a ride for a tea strainer. Gold would be wonderful, but so would the other I’m sure.

The 14th works for me, as of right now, so I’ll look forward to seeing all of you again. :slight_smile: Anytime 2-5pm works for me, I would suggest around 2p if that works for everyone.

14th sounds good to me. See you there.

wahoo! I’ve been to the salt lick once before, and it was grrrrreat! that place puts the ‘eat’ in ‘great’.

can i come?

Of course, JB. New guy has to buy, though. Don’t look at me like that- I don’t make the rules!

:slight_smile:

Looks like I’m going to miss the 14th (hopefully be at work earning some $s). Hope you guys have a great time.