Basic Military training in different countries?

So, I just got out of Air Force Basic Military Training. Was kind of a neat experience for me, a mix of academic classroom environments, show-and-tell (our instructor, for example, pulling up a chair and having everyone gather around while he shows us how to fold a pair of underwear or field-strip an M-16 or something similarly useful to us in the Air Force), and in-your-face stress-inducing stuff (yaknow, an instructor standing about 3 inches away demanding to know why you did some thoughtlessly stupid thing just then, doing pushups for various wrongdoings, fun stuff like that).

Was reading on Wikipedia that some folks criticize the style of Basic Training done in the US because it depends on Behavioralism (ie: You learn to do something because that’s what doesn’t get you yelled at or put on your face), or at least because it’s “too mean” or some such, and I was wondering if other countries had drastically different means of turning recruits/conscripts into members of their armed forces, and how well it generally worked.

So yeah, this is basically a “this is how we do it where I’m from” kinda thread, I guess.

This Youtube clip isn’t from French Basic, but from their version of AIT. Nonetheless, it still shows one major difference between their methods and the US’s

As a teenager, I made some inquiries about joining the Royal Australian Navy. I was told that the initial training period of a month or six weeks or whatever it was, was akin to “boot camp”, and that the instructors would try their hardest to break you (you sign up for a few years, but are allowed to leave no questions asked after the first month or so if you decide it’s not for you, but that’s your only chance, and if you stay at that point, then you’re seriously signed up). Apparently, that part’s quite hellish, but it’s easier (relatively) after that.

Judging by the headgear that clip is of the Foreign Legion. Their methods are not the same as the rest of the French army. Or anyone else.