Basketball Question

Any basketball fan knows that a “Triple Double” is scoring double digits in any three areas (points, assists, steals, blocks, etc…), in a single game.

I’m curious to know if there has ever been a player score a “Quadrouple Double”. Anyone know?
GO JAZZ!!! :smiley:

It’s been documented four times:

1974 Nate Thurmond (Bulls) 22 pts, 14 rebs, 13 assists, 12 blocks
1986 Alvin Robertson (Spurs) 20 points, 11 rebs, 10 assists, 10 steals
1990 Akeem Olajuwon (Rockets) 18 points, 16 rebs, 10 assists, 11 blocks
1994 David Robinson (Spurs) 34 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists, 10 blocks

I should add that there might have been more, but blocks and steals have only been official stats for the last 30 years or so.

How about a quintuple double - double didgits in turnovers too? Has anyone ever got even a triple-double with using TOs as one of them? What an odd game that would be - bordering on bad, in fact… I don’t know how much use to your team you are if you have a game with 10 points, 10 rebounds and 17 turnovers! :slight_smile:

Yer pal,
Satan

[sub]TIME ELAPSED SINCE I QUIT SMOKING:
Four months, two weeks, 20 minutes and 59 seconds.
5440 cigarettes not smoked, saving $680.07.
Life saved: 2 weeks, 4 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes.[/sub]

"Satan is not an unattractive person."-Drain Bead
[sub]Thanks for the ringing endorsement, honey!*[/sub]

Probably not likely with turnovers as a category. The NBA record for turnovers in a game is 14 by John Drew in 1978. It’s pretty hard to stay on the court long enough to pick up 10 turnovers.

Turnovers have only been tabulated since 1977.

Wilt Chamberlain would have been a likely candidate for a quintuple-double. He blocked a lot of shots and once led the league in assists. However, they didn’t keep track of all of those stats.