Bassists: That Dodge Ram Riff

At the end of the commercial? Is it original or from a recording? Anyone know where I can find the tab for it?

I’m just starting out on accoustic/electric bass and would like to impress my SO. :smiley:

Also, if anyone knows where I can find a decent gigbag for my bass, (50 inches long), I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Quasi

Pretty much any decent music store in your town should carry gigbags. You could also try www.musiciansfriend.com

Haven’t looked for a tab for that so I’m not sure about that one.

Well,

Working from memory the Dodge Ram Riff seems to be E-F#-E-G-E-F#-E or, in tab form, on the low e string O-2-O-3-O-2-O. Note this is from memory so I could be totaly wrong. I could also be thinking of the wrong riff.

Hope this helps.

Slee

If it’s what I’m thinking of, I just picked up my bass and dashed it off. Is it that little 7-note thing?

If so, here’s my take on it.

The notes are played in pairs, so I’ll tie them together with a ^ symbol.

A^C | A^D(bend) | A^C | A

-or, numbering frets, with 0 being open, and playing the A string s(second from top)-

0^3 | 0^5(bend) | 0^3 | 0

As far as the sound quality goes, it sounds like they cranked down the bass tone in favor of the midrange and just a bit of treble.

I, for the record, can’t stand a trebly bass sound. By God, I wanna hear that mutha booming. :slight_smile: Yes, I love Geezer Butler. Why do you ask?

Ogre and Sleestak: Both those tabs work fine for me. Thank you!

Quasi