Battletech!

My heart bleeds for the trouble with Harmony Gold. The Warhammer will always be the BattleMech of my heart. I even had a 30cm plastic model kit at home, I loved the Mech so much.

This needs to be an 80s-style love ballad.

A Heavy Metal ballad :wink:

The Hatchetman is the first mech not taken from MechWarrior Online. But, since the models for MWO are being used for MechWarrior 5 I’m wondering if it will appear in that game instead. Either way it will be good for mech axing action :cool:

Well-played.

Has anyone here tried the RogueTech mod?

It claims a much more balanced experience. Also a supposedly much more difficult, hardcore experience for the real Battletech diehards.

From the page on it:

• Big, RogueLike, Sandbox Experience
  • Rebalanced Sim and Combat game, to give you a harsher world.
  • More Mech’s: From the pirate commando with infernos, to the Massive KingCrab-0001 with twin Gauss rifles, face off against all kinds of enemy’s.
  • With the great houses scrambling for superiority and unlocking the secrets of Helm, new weapons arrive on the battlefield, but nothing is cheap.
  • Tonnage means nothing!, Everything is balanced around what your Lance costs, not what it weights
  • MASSIVE CUSTOM CAMPAIGN DIFFICULTY OPTIONS

Note that this does not work with the in-game storyline and I think it will mess up previous saves (so old saves will not load…or something). You have to start anew with this I think.

The base game received an update last night, to version 1.2

Roguetech has an update that says it is for the new base version.

I deleted my campaign, and reinstalled roguetech, but I didn’t start a new campaign yet, so I can’t answer any questions about either of the new updates.

So, Flashpoint is out and I am liking it. The new career mode ups the stakes quite a bit, no more story missions handing out cash, mechs, and tech. High quality items are now quite rare, as they always should have been. I’ll often take a +component over a mech part, and I’m using components that I would have ignored in the base game.

The flashpoint stories are good, challenging and fun. The first one I played surprised my medium lance with an awesome, and I would have had to start over if not for a lucky headshot. Ended the scenario with my shot to hell lance running for the extraction point with a lance of fresh mechs close behind, had to eject one pilot when he couldn’t catch up.