[QUOTE=Thudlow Boink]
Why did you say “Burma”?
[/QUOTE]
I panic’ed.
[QUOTE=Thudlow Boink]
Why did you say “Burma”?
[/QUOTE]
I panic’ed.
HOWLS of derisive laughter, Bruce!
This here’s the wattle, the emblem of our land. You can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand.
Wattle. Wattle. Oh, that’s very tinny isn’t it?
[QUOTE=Evil Captor]
Back when I was young, even the COMMERCIALS on BBC1 were sadistic and disgusting … and we LIKED them that way!
[/QUOTE]
You were lucky to have sadistic commercials. We just had a threatening sign outside our shack.
[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
I’m sadistic and disgusting, and so is my wife.
[/QUOTE]
Is she now? Say no more!
<
,
> <nudge, nudge>
[QUOTE=sciurophobic]
You were lucky to have sadistic commercials. We just had a threatening sign outside our shack.
[/QUOTE]
Luxury.
[QUOTE=Boulter’s Canary]
David Attenborough was controller of BBC2 at the time and, as such, gave Python final approval.
(Shamless plug follows)
Another reason to vote for him as greatest living British icon. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
http://www.devilducky.com/media/46386/Heres another one
[QUOTE=Giles]
I don’t want to be a pissant pedant, Bruce, but it’s spelled Woolloomooloo – though the locals call it the Loo for short, for obvious reasons.
(And the Loo is not to be confused with the “loo”, which is what the Poms call the dunny.)
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, Bruce. Howls of derisive laughter for me.
[QUOTE=glee]
From the Telegraph link:
‘…The Undertaker’s Sketch, starring Cleese as a man unsure of how to dispose of his mother’s body, were considered unacceptable.
In the second skit, an undertaker, played by Graham Chapman, tells Cleese’s character: “We can bury her, burn her or dump her.” It ends with Chapman offering to eat the corpse.’
No, no! As I recall, it ended when Chapman offered to first eat the cremated ashes, then throw up into the grave!
At this point the studio audience invaded the set and the series finished.
[/QUOTE]
Dear Sirs;
As a longtime television viewer and former prime minister of Burma, I’d like to point out that the BBC ordered the Pythoners to have the audience rush the stage to show its disapproval, thus making it the only corporate suggestion ever worth a tinker’s dam.
Also, I’d like to point out that I’m not wearing any pants.
Yours sincerely,
Capt. E.J.R. Jefferson (deceased)
Dear Sirs:
I am compelled to express my disapproval of the previous posting - our gallant lads in blue - the highest traditions of our land - sick and tired of being sick and tired - &tc. &tc.
Very truly yours,
Brigadier C. Adams, KG, MP, RS, QC, PC, VC (Mrs.)
[QUOTE=Skammer]
Thank you for your post, Mrs. Attenborough.
[/QUOTE]
Actually, I’m David Attenborough’s fridge (sob!)
If there’s one word that describes Monty Python, it’s sadistic and disgusting. If there’s two words that describe Monty Python, they are sadistic and disgusting. And perverted. Three! Three words that describe Monty Python are sadistic, disgusting, perverted, and splunge. Oh, bugger it, I’ll come in again.
Splunge!
The Pythons used to say in their defense that the show was broadcast late at night and so was not liable to influence children.
Do you think they managed to say it with a straight face?
And my name is only spelled Hypno-Toad. It’s pronounced, “Throat-Warbler Mangrove.”
You’re a very silly man and I’m not going to interview you.
[QUOTE=Elendil’s Heir]
You’re a very silly man and I’m not going to interview you.
[/QUOTE]
This is a very silly thread and I’m not going to read it.
Now go away, you naughty straight-doper types, or I will taunt you a second time!
[QUOTE=Elendil’s Heir]
You’re a very silly man and I’m not going to interview you.
[/QUOTE]
Anti-Semite!
I just came in here to buy a . . .
. . .
mattress!
[QUOTE=Marley23]
Anti-Semite!
[/QUOTE]
Now we see the violence inherent in the system. Help, help, I’m being oppressed!