Bedclothes Poll

This is a good place to get in my regular plug for something called a ‘body buddy’, that being a giant pillow that is about five feet long. My wife bought me one a couple of years ago, and I just LOVE it. You can hug it, throw your leg over it, and in general squish it around to support you anywhere you want to. We haul it onto the couch and fold it over into a nice backrest so we can cuddle closer. It has many other uses.

I have no affiliation to any pillow companies, but I have bought three of these things for gifts. They’re just wonderful.

Brief and socks.

Two pillows, side by side and under.

Double bed.

Colder the better. If it gets into the low 60’s, that’s to darn warm. 55 F is about perfect.

Gots ta have a cold bedroom.

When El Hubbo and I were first married we lived in California. Our first summer, we decided to go as long as we could without A/C (to save money). One night was so hot that we were both naked (he usually wears boxer shorts) and spread out across the bed, nothing covering, sweating like a couple of… sweatin’ things.

The next morning we turned on our A/C to find that it needed freon. We had to spend two nights in that Easy Bake Oven from Hell. Never again. Turn it on early and make sure it works - before the heat wave!

As for positions, I start out on my stomach and end up on my right side.

Always nude. Been sleeping that way since I was about 8 years old. When I’m sleeping in the same room as people with whom I’m not having sex, I will wear briefs or a pair of shorts so as to prevent embarrassment of either party.

Two pillows – cotton batting wrapped around egg-crate foam. I usually tuck my arm between the pillows.

Double bed, plain sheets, comforter.

Colder is better, but it’s rare that I kick off the comforter, even when it’s too cool for A/C but too warm for anything else.

Seeking woman who enjoys same, for the best sex of her life. I haven’t been properly laid in years, and I have a lot of pent-up coital expression. Take THAT, C#3 !! ;->

–Da Cap’n

This popped into my head when I noticed how many of us sleep with animals…

For anyone who enjoys sleep, has small children (or just likes picture-books), I recommend THE FIVE DOG NIGHT, written/illustrated by Eileen Christelow (Clarion Books).

The plot: A crotchety old New England farmer-type lives alone with his five dogs of various sizes. The nosy elderly lady who lives down the hill is always trying to bring him a blanket or a quilt, as the winter season is drawing on; he keeps saying “Don’t use blankets…I said it before and I’ll say it again,” then makes cryptic reference to the previous night being only a “two-dog night.”

The weather gets colder, the number of dogs in the old guy’s bed gradually increases, the woman’s confusion grows…there’s a bit of dramatic tension when you feel the budding romance is going to the dogs (OH god, I didn’t say that, did I?) but all ends happily.

Great pictures, too.

Uke

Hey Uke,

Read The Five Dog Night to the girls just a few months ago. It’s a good 'un.

Y’know, getting to read kids books again is one of the great fringe benefits to having kids.

Cotton boxers (flannel is way too warm), two rather thin pillows, room in the mid-to-low 50’s, sheet, blanket, comforter, and myself wrapped like a burrito in the middle. As it seems to be with some of the other guys, I’m also known as a human furnace (Alison calls me her “pot bellied stove”).

Jeremy…

I can think of no more stirring symbol of man’s humanity to man than a fire engine - Kurt Vonnegut

Naked, on my back with two pillows and lots of covers in a cold room.

Then, when I wake up in the middle of the night with the book I was reading on my face, I throw that extra pillow on the floor, find my glasses and turn out the lights. Off to dreamworld for a couple more hours.

One complete set of morals for sale to highest bidder, new in box.