Beer, glorious beer!

At the moment I’m enjoying the new Guinness Toucan brew- the second in the limited edition Brewhouse series (I also liked the first, Brew 39). AFAIK it’s only available in Ireland, and is only on tap from certain pubs. It’s a little more summery and crisp than usual Guinness.

Apart from Guinness, I usually switch from beer to cider (that’s the alcoholic stuff made from apples, not the non-alcoholic stuff you call cider in the USA) with ice in the summer.

I’ve got a fridge full of Big Rock Traditional Ale, or “Trad” 'round these parts. I alternate between that and Rickard’s Red. Sometimes when I want a more refreshing beer, I’ll fall back on Molson Canadian or Kokanee.

In fact, I think I’ll go have one now. Thanks, guys!

I’m not drinking anything, but now I’ve got the song stuck in my head:

Well, not all…

Right now, I am sipping a nice cold bottle of Full Sail Pale. The Hood River crew make some damn fine beers.

It’s all about Rogue, my favourite of the moment being Brutal Bitter. You also, of course, cannot go wrong with Dead Guy, and my all-time favourite would be the Half-E-Weizen. Coriander and ginger…mmmmm

Guinness Draught and Extra Stout. Shiner Bock when I wanna get back to my roots.

Although by default, ‘cider’ does refer to the non-alcoholic version in the US, we do have several varietes of alcoholic cider as well (called ‘hard cider.’) One of the best hard ciders is woodchuck, which is brewed about fifteen minutes south of me, as is Long Trail Ale, and the Magic Hat brewery is about forty minutes away, and I used to live about forty minutes from the Saranac Brewery.

Shit, doesn’t anyone drink Anchor Steam any more? By the way, has anyone tried the Anchor Steam Bourbon.

I am drinking a homebrewed Australian Coopers Stout derivative (used their malt mix, added some hops and about 2 pounds of honey) that is a “light” tasting stout that is might tasty anytime but very good cold in summer.

I was drinking a type of Suntory special “ice brewed” light and low alcohol beer. Bastards changed from a mild quaffing brew to a sweeter beer. Bleech :o

For the summer season I drink the appropriately named Samuel Adams’ Summer Ale which is a seasonal beer only sold in the summer of course. (yeah…duh)

From the bottle label:

I’m not sure what Jim Koch means by “Grains of Paradise” but I do know that it’s one kick ass brew

I like Heineken and Guiness

Oh man, you’re killing me. This is my all time favorite beer, period. Sadly it’s on the list of beers that are not distributed in Chicago. Closest you can get it appears to be Minnesota. A quick click on the link shows that they’ve changed logos since the last time I looked them up, but I’m sure the stuff on the inside is close to being the same.

If you like Japanese beers, don’t bother with Kirin in the US. It’s brewed by Anheuser-Busch.

Stewie Griffin: Look, I really don’t want to go to hell, but I can’t stop my nature. I’m just a hateful person.
Brian Griffin: You’re not hateful; you just need to control your anger. Like I do.
Stewie Griffin: Oh, you mean by being sauced all day! Wait a minute! Of Course! That’s it! If I’m drunk I’ll be calm and if I’m calm I’ll be nice, and if I’m nice then I won’t go to hell. Fix me a highball I’m going to get good and tight!

Oh you people. All trying to come up with a more obscure elitist beer. Doesn’t anyone like Bud Light? Ok, thought not.

But Micheloeb Light, I can deal with that. That’s usually what I drink. Sometimes Rolling Rock.

I forgot to mention Sleeman’s cream ale and silver creek lager, both canadian brands that I enjoyed.

It’s a pepper-type spice that comes from a West African plant.

Dangit, y’all, you made me go buy a six-pack.

Alas, the corner bodega didn’t have a lot to choose from, so I’m sipping corona.

Recently, I’ve been on a tonguescraper hops kick, so most of the beers I’ve been drinking lately have been completely unbalanced, and enjoyably so :smiley:

Ruination has been a favorite, though sadly the Ruination on draft month is over
:frowning:

Rogue’s Integrity IPA is also mmm, tasty

But the two cases that stand out are the 7%, 110 IBU Legacy Hedonism Imperial Red Ale (along with the bourbon-barrel-aged version on cask…mmm, tasty) and the 9%, god-only-knows IBUs single-hopped Weyerbacher Simcoe DIPA;
most, especially the Simcoe, leave the hops lingering 10 or 15 minutes later :smiley:

If I had my druthers - Killarney (or Smithwicks). Damn I wish I could find it here. Tried a clone recipe once that was very drinkable, but it wasn’t the same - could’ve been the lack of an Irish pub around me at the time.
Guinness in Ireland - ice cold and without that burnt taste that some people don’t like.

What I’m drinking now? Homebrewed mead (not beer at all, but I’m not going to lie to you)

A few years ago I was at one of those “A Taste of. . .” food festivals and discovered a local (San Diego) microbrewery called The Stone Brewing Co., and fell hard for their Arrogant Bastard Ale. No, I am not worthy. And neither are you.

:wink:

Recently, though, I tried a beer I’d never had before at a pub called Naja’s Place down at the Redondo Pier, where they have 77 different beers on tap and their motto is, “Life’s too short to drink cheap beer.” Fat Tire Amber Ale has now become my favorite – there’s currently a brand new 12-pack in the fridge right now (soon to be a 10-pack – Thomas is on his way home with dinner. Yum!).