Beer, glorious beer!

While Red Hook’s ESB is close to the Brew of Gods, Deschuttes Mirror Pond is… Oh, a cannot describe the delicious sweet aromatic PLEASURE that is that brew.

Ow wait, I just did. Sorry.

Mirror Pond, mates, you can’t go wrong.

Drinking Rolling Rock Extra Pale tonight. Good stuff.

I played in a charity golf tournament about four years ago. It was in August, and the tournament was held just over the state line down in Mississippi. The temperature that day was approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

We got to about the 10th or 11th hole, and my enthusiasm was beginning to flag. (I was there for charity, and because the organizer was a friend of mine; I don’t particularly enjoy golf.) Sweat was squirting from every pore on my body, and I was just beginning to contemplate faking an injury so I could honorably quit, when…

The beer cart came around.

The guy had a cooler full of ice and Budweiser, and he tossed me a can. It was dripping wet, and so cold that my hand began to ache when I took it. I popped it open, and drank about a third of it down at a gulp.

Drinking that one ice-cold Budweiser was, I think, the most pleasant sensation I’ve ever experienced. Ah, beer.

Default brew: Little Creatures Pale Ale. An American Pale Ale. Gutsy, hoppy and bottle conditioned. Currently drinking: Mac’s Copperhop, a lighter, fruitier NZ ale. In fridge: Mountain Goat Hightail Ale, the closest thing to an English Pale Ale you can get here.

My default brew is Longboard Lager. Someone said it’s similar to SNPA. I find it quite refreshing.

Tangentally, what is the name of that (English? European?) brew? Sophie? Something like that.

Stella?

Last night I picked up a six-pack each of Dogfish Head Shelter Pale Ale, Saranac Pale Ale, Bass, and Flying Fish Extra Pale Ale. I like my pale ales.

I go for the Shiner Hefeweizen in summer.

Don de Dieu. Glorious, indeed. Though in a pinch, La Fin du Monde will serve quite nicely.

If you like Japanese beers, you might try Kirrin, or, if you can find it, Asahi Black.

Circumstance can play a big part in beer, even if it’s not such a good product. One happy circumstance for me was when I was in Vienna for a job. We went out to the Prater (a local amusement park of some fame) and it was about 90 degrees and humid near the Danube River. We plunked down at a beer cafe in the park and ordered a couple of drafts. Turned out to be ice cold Budvar, one of the best damn Czech beers you can buy. Slammed two pints without drawing a breath, it seemed, and was in beer heaven.

My absolute favorite beer of all time is a Traquair Jacobite Ale, but that’s far too expensive to drink regularly. I normally stick with the Dogfish Head Raison d’Etre, which I highly recommend to anyone who’s not familiar with it.

Natural Light :smiley:

God, I love Unibroue’s offerings. I’m more of a fan of Maudite, myself.

Allagash out of Portland, Maine is a wonderful Belgian-style microbrewery. Their Curieux (their Tripel aged in bourbon casks) is rare and an absolute delight.

I’m a big Hefweizen fan, especially at a local micro-brew named Bosco’s. In the stores I tend to get the Flying Dog In Heat Wheat.

Anyone had Bourbon Barrel Stout? Can’t remember the brewery, just rememeber that name. I bought a growler of it in Northern Kentucky the last time I was up that way. Just kicked my butt. Strongest beer I’ve ever had.

That’s it. Thanks.

Same here. Summer = hot weather, refreshing. Winter = Malty, warming. My default brew is Bells Two Hearted. Sierra Nevada is one of my favorite session beers, but I drink it when I’m in the mood for something a little lighter than a typical IPA. Another summer one I like is Hanssen’s Oude Gueuze (unflavored lambic), and if I’m in the mood for a “mowing the lawn” beer, it’s Old Style.

Eek! That should read “Summer = hoppy, refreshing”

Wow, silenus! You’re all about San Diego beer, aren’t you? I would’ve never guessed.

Drop by and pick me up some, will ya? I’m age-challenged by about 14 months. :wink:

I’ve got nothing fancy to add. My refrigerator must always be stocked with Guinness, however. In bottles, poured into a glass. Properly, or it doesn’t taste right. I’m drinking an extra stout right now. Let me tell you, that stuff will put the hair on your chest and take it back off again on every alternating swig. You can be sure that, as a lady, I leave six rings. Keeps me hairless. :smiley: