Beer of Choice

As I’m coming to grips with the euphoria that inevitably comes with signing up with Straight Dope, I’m enjoying the company of a beer and realize I don’t think I’m the only one. I’m drinking a Miller High Life now and am wondering how many others are drinking now and what’s your beer of choice??

Hmmm… I don’t think we’ve DONE a beer thread before, so I’ll start.

Samual Adams Boston Lager

however… that tends to be a bit pricey so usually its good ole Natural Ice for me. Mmmmm yeah! ducks from rocks thrown by beer snobs

Welcome to the boards! A healthy interest in beer drinking habits is a cornerstone of fitting in at the SDMB. Not that I would know about fitting in, particularly. A quick search of “beer” in In My Humble Opinion (title only) for the last 6 months will supply an evening’s reading.

Some prime examples:
Fave Brew?
Excruciatingly Bad Brew
What Are You Drinking?

I normally drink a homebrew made from a Cooper’s Australian Draft kit. I’m not drinking tonight (darn!), as I may be called upon to fight ignorance in more serious matters pertaining to censorship. Cheers! though.

Being a college student my choice of beer usually depends on what kegs the house got that night, but my personal choice is miller light. The light of course to keep of the added college pounds.

Just finished a High Life myself. Shiner Bock is my beer of choice, but High Life has a better price.

Maisel’s Weizen, although I have yet to find anyone importing it to the states. It was my staple in life for almost three years. Nowadays, if I have beer money to burn, I’ll get a six or two of Bitburger Pils, another fave when I was in Germany.

If you insist on an American brew, I’m partial to Pete’s, though I drink more Shiner and Michelob Amber Bock to keep the budget healthy.

When I was a really poor college student, only one beer would do; Pearl’s, the pride of Texas. The most drinkable of the really cheap beers IMO.

Guinness is my first choice, but it’s expensive. I get Bud Light most often.

The throbbing in my skull tells me that last night, I drank FAR too much Mississippi Mud Black & Tan.

And something else. I can’t remember what. My brain hurts.

I took a trip to Hershey Park in PA last week (side note: great wooden roller coasters), and tried some Yeungling Black & Tan. It’s a nice little brew, and relatively cheap. Think I’ll grab a 6-pack tonight.

Good news my friend… We have it at the restaurant where I work. In fact, I <gasp> dropped a bottle of it on myself last night! Of course, we have over a hundred beers, with 12 on tap, so we have a variety.

My favorite beer of all time is Newcastle. Ragingly expensive, ($9 for a 6 pack) but really good. Better to buy it in a bar, where a pint is only $2.50.
Second choice is Guinness. Beer of the gods!

Ok… off to the fridge… There was a sale on Newcastle last week. I got a 12 pack for $13!

How I love Newcastle Brown. They just get tastier and tastier.

Oh, God bless you! Could you please look on the next bottle you serve and note the US importer and (mailto://sewalk@hotmail.com) it to me? If I know the importer, I can get my local liquor store to stock a few bottles.

Sleeman Honey Brown or Rickards Red (spelling)

For at home comsumption, my two favorites are 1.) Guinness Draught (the can, not the bottle) in a mug with a jigger of Smirnoff added (two of those will calm you down) or 2.) Carlsberg Elephant.

If I’m at a pub, I’ll order Fuller’s ESB.

At a social deal like a crawfish boil or some such that’s liable to last a long time I stick with Miller Lite or some such that won’t shorten my legs too quickly.

I cant stand any of the cheap American beer – the first beer I ever drank was in Europe – I guess the standard was just set and I cant come back down now that I’m home.

I like newcastle, Grimbergen, De Koninck, and Belle-Vue Kriek.

I hate guinness

also chimay is quite impressive…

Red, White or Blue?

I’ve had the oppertunity to have red in Chimay with the mayor of the city. I had blue when I came back to the US.

I have a picture of myself and the other 25 cadets in the group infront of the castle in Chimay with the 75yo princess.

Alas, it’s only Hoegaareden tonight :smiley:

hoegaareden? you can drink that stuff? That was one of the few beers I had in Belgium that I couldn’t stand – yech! I’d drink jupilar (sp) first…