Ben Roethlisberger Hurt In Motorcycle Crash

Story

Point 1: Hope he’s all right. I’m not a Steelers fan, but I root for them in front of a hell of a lot of other teams. Big Ben is just beginning what could turn into a Hall of Fame career, and I’d hate to see it cut short.

Point 2: When you ride, Wear. A Fucking. Helmet! Yes, I like the feeling of riding without one too, but it ain’t worth your career or your life.

Wow, that’s really odd. He was on ESPN Radio’s Mike and Mike this morning around 7:30am CST, so it must have happened sometime after that.

He seems like a pretty decent guy, I hope he’s alright.

A little more info here. Sounds serious, but he was talking.

From what I heard, he was repeating himself, which is usually a sign of pretty serious head injury. You can usually recover from it, but I agree - you’re going to go whipping around on a motorcycle, protect your head.

Especially if you work a job that already puts you at a very high risk for head injuries!

Damned, damned, damned fool. Hope he’s okay and comes out of this with his faculties…forget the career. Unfortunately, the fake aura of invincibility deludes some to believe they can do anything. In the short term, they could be correct, but Chance will get you eventually. Give it enough trials and it’lll get you every time.

I hate the Steelers with every ounce and fiber of my being, and I hope Ben’s ok, and that he returns to the field.

The AP article said the car had damage to the front passenger-side fender. That usually means that the driver didn’t see the mototrcyclist and turned left into his path. Not the rider’s fault at all, but it’s one of the most common scenarios for motorcyle accidents.

I’m from Cincinnati so there’s no love lost between us and Pittsburgh. I, too, hope Ben is okay. :frowning:

And provides ya with a perfectly good helmet.

I am a lifelong Steeler fan, and I know exactly where this accident happened.

He, simply put, is a jackass.

You are a professional quarterback, on a meteoric rise to the top of your profession. He has a Super Bowl ring after his second season. His whole life and career are ahead of him. What’s he thinking?

What are any of these guys thinking? They are invincible? They don’t break? He’s riding a motorcycle without a helmet. I don’t care how good a rider he is, he was drilled by an old lady in a car. He’s lucky to be alive.

What I want to know is why this little old lady who lives in Squirrel Hill (a section of Pittsburgh) has Maine plates on her car. She’s 62 and lives there. hmmmm. Seems she’s doing something illegal. (I wonder where Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart were yesterday?)

In case it wasn’t clear, I was joking about Maddox and Stewart and the old lady. Perhaps the car is registered to one of them and they were in the back seat telling the old lady where to drive. And then, they said TURN! :smiley:

I hope he’ll recover and be wiser for it. A broken nose and jaw may be enough to wake him up.

I am just so bothered that he could have died today. Why would he take that kind of chance?

I’ll buy him a black helmet with a yellow stripe down the middle and a Steeler emblem on one side. It would look pretty cool.

Here’s to a speedy recovery. Goodluck, Ben.