best albums of 1999?

what are you guys thoughts on this?

i vote for :
wilco - summerteeth
the black crowes - by your side

Chief’s Domain - http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~ravi

Ben Folds Five – Whatever and Ever, Amen

“It is impossible to experience one’s own death objectively and still carry a tune.” – Woody Allen from Getting Even

Whoops, just realized. That was last year. Nevermind.

ooh, ooh!

Tom Waits: Mule Variations.

What’s he building in there?

Lungfish The Unanimous Hour

Metallica’s double cd set of Garage Inc…(that was last year too…) :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s right Kell. Plus, it was complete crap too :wink:

(Sorry, could control myself there…)

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Here’s the word “not” for ya. Feel free to insert it anywhere you like in the post above.

Coldfire

Jude’s “No One is Really Beautiful.” I bought it for that Rick James Superfreak song but the whole album is really great - and different from most other pop/alternative stuff.

Sucks to your assmar.

I just posted in another thread that my favorite jazz albums are the entirely predictable trio of “Kind of Blue”, “Bitches Brew”, and “A Love Supreme”.

Now I have to fail to be unique once again say that the best album of the year is “Mule Variations” by Tom Waits.

My second-place finisher is probably not on many other lists, though–“The Mountain”, by Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band.

By the way, I just picked up the new Indigo Girls disc, “Come On Now Social”. It has a few unfortunately overblown arrangements, but otherwise it kicks ass. Probably in third at the moment.

Can the “Stop Making Sense” re-issue count?

Dr. J

It’s scheduled for release in another 12 days (yeah, I’ve been counting down). Dream Theater: “Scenes From a Memory”. Those who’ve heard it say it’s the best DT album yet. I’ll probably go nuts over it, like I did for all their others.

Hey J String,

You like DT too ?? Figures :wink:

Haven’t heard Scenes from a Memory yet because the last album (of which I don’t even rememver the name right now) sucked BIGtime. SfaM has got big expectations to live up to if you call it the best DT yet - remember Images and Words ?? That really knocked my socks off. Later, Awake was again pretty good, but more in a ‘craftsmanship’ way than in a ‘touching’ way.
Hmmmm I might check out that new one then.

O yeah, the new Queensryche is pretty decent, from what I’ve heard.

Coldfire

is this entry supposed to be narrow to a specific style, if not then The Bueno Vista Social Club is the best! Ry Cooder is one of the best players around

Front Line Assembly – “Implode”

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

Ohh, without a doubt Cathedral’s Caravan Beyond Redemption

Well, as far as this old Bowie fan is concerned, one of them has to be 'hours…" I haven’t bought a Bowie album since “Low”, which I completely hated. While I continued to love him all these years, and recognize that he is STILL the coolest guy on the planet, I haven’t been enjoying his music. THIS album is fantastic. A return to “Hunky Dory”, which I always thought was his best.

This is a non-smoking area. If we see you smoking, we will assume you are on fire and act accordingly.

Robbie Williams – The Ego Has Landed

or

Santana –Supernatural

The new Bowie album is wonderful, and I think “No Exit” nominates Blondie for a comback of the year award. Do boxed sets count in this category, because I thought Springsteen’s was the best this year.