Best all around single

There have been lots of “greatest single ever” lists around. But how about listing singles where all the tracks, including B-sides or extra tracks, were strong? The first one I though of was the dance single version of Tupac’s “How Do U Want It”? That’s a great song, but I always though the three extra songs on the single were even better. What’s your ideas?

How can there be three more songs on a single? That would make it a quadruple.

American Pie, because it took up both sides of the 45, making it truly a SINGLE.

“Penny Lane”/“Strawberry Fields Forever” for the win.

I’d go with “Paperback Writer”/“Rain” but otherwise must agree!

And that’s actually a “true” B-side, as opposed to a double-A side, if that makes a difference for the OP.

Another one: “Wouldn’t It Be Nice/God Only Knows,” Beach Boys.

“Go Your Own Way/Silver Spring” - Fleetwood Mac. The B-side wouldn’t appear on an album until a decade later, and even then on a concert recording. But its still an amazingly popular part of their concerts.

Fools Gold/What the World Is Waiting For by The Stone Roses.

or

Strawberry Wine / Never Say Goodbye / Can I Touch You by My Bloody Valentine

The OP just said “all the tracks” so double-A releases should count.

Another one: “Wouldn’t It Be Nice/God Only Knows,” Beach Boys.
[/QUOTE]

The Beach Boys has a slew of contenders.

What about “Surfer Girl”/“Little Deuce Coupe” or “I Get Around”/“Don’t Worry Baby”?

I would suggest that Immigrant Song single, because the B-side was actually better than the A side.

Those are fine, but “God Only Knows” is up there with “Something” as my favorite love song of all time. Hell, “God Only Knows” may be my favorite rock/pop song of all time, at that. And “Pet Sounds” is my favorite album of all time (tied with My Bloody Valentine’s “Loveless”), so it’s hard not to go that direction for me.

The Commands - HEY IT’S LOVE b/w NO TIME FOR YOU

I’m not a Pet Sounds disciple. If I had to choose, the haunting “Caroline, No” is by far my favorite from the album. Heck, I think “Don’t Worry Baby” is a better love song. Of course, you have McCartney on your side.

To follow up on kaylasdad99, Fleetwood Mac’s “Oh Well” has a continuation “Oh Well, Part 2” as the B-side. A local station used to play them together back in the day and I was entranced by the unusual instrumental ending from Peter Green.

The Animals’ Sky Pilot, split into Sky Pilot Pts. 1 & 2 for the single

Hey Jude/Revolution

Let it Be/You Know My Name (Look Up My number)

b-side way classier; danceable.

Jumpin Jack Flash b/w Child of The Moon
Wild Horses/Sway
Happy/All Down the Line

To nominate another (though I’d probably vote for one of the already posted), the Beatles’ Something/Come Together.

Actually there were a lot of singles, especially in the U.K., that had three extra songs during the CD single era. Plus, I mentioned in the OP a dance single, which almost always was longer than the regular single. (The regular single version of “How Do U Want It” was only two tracks.

Funky Moped/Magic Roundabout.