Best athlete not in his/her sport's Hall of Fame?

After Google, it appears I’m NOT the only person that thinks Ricky Watters is a Hall of Famer.

The numbers don’t lie. Especially telling, to me anyway, is the list of similar players at each stage of his career. It’s littered with HoF’ers, Barry Sanders, Dorsett, Jim Brown, Payton, Sayers, Allen … on and on and on.

Starting to look like a personality issue. Though I LOVED the guy! :smiley:

Three baseball managers just made it in when many of their wins were during the steroid era. And they all had suspected steroid guys play big roles on their teams like McGwire. And some of the managers claimed to know nothing about steroids.

I’ll add Jerry Kramer. A lot people think he’s already in the NFL HOF but, despite coming close a few times, he’s not.

Assuming we’re allowed to call pro wrestling a sport, there are a couple of names that are notable by their absence from the WWE Hall of Fame:

• Macho Man Randy Savage. From what I’ve read, WWE has never been able to make terms with his family, which has been keeping them from inducting him. Randy also apparently said sometime before his death that he didn’t want to be inducted unless his father Angelo Poffo and his brother Lanny “the Genius” Poffo were inducted as well.

• Sting. He deserves it but for the fact that he’s never actually wrestled in WWE - now that he’s actually onboard with them, they’ll probably have him wrestle one match at WrestleMania so they can induct him the year after.

• Diamond Dallas Page. His WWE career was admittedly lackluster, but he more than deserves it on the basis of his WWE run and in the work he’s done post-retirement helping other wrestlers kick their drug problems and get back into shape.

• The Undertaker, though he’s a shoo-in for next year IMO.

• Chris Benoit, who deserves it on the basis of his accomplishments, but who will never *ever *be inducted because of the events that happened at the end of his life.