Best corkscrew?

I had absolutely no idea they were generally that expensive in the US!! I’ve bought a couple from our local supermarket as Christmas presents - they were about 10-11 UK pounds (mebbe 15-17 dollars). To put it in perspective, a cheap standard corkscrew will probably set you back from 3-5 pounds.

(And for the record, the local supermarket was ASDA, which is owned by WalMart. They are not on sale all year round, but were Xmas-related gifts).

I have to agree with B&I. I come from a really snobby wine family (not snobby about other things, just wine), but I gave everyone one of these a couple of years ago and they think it’s the best! No more messed up corks or tiny bits of cork in your wine! Get it here.
It’s impossible to mess up after you’ve already downed a couple bottles of the good stuff!:eek:

Miss Xanax: I’m not fully awake yet, and I mis-read your user name as Merry Xanax. What a great holiday greeting! :smiley:

I really like the look of the Pulltap that Emilio recommended.

My “We Surrender” corkscrew just broke last weekend, and I never got the hang of the “ahso” version I got in Napa Valley (during a wonderful wine-tasting afternoon).

Can someone describe to me how the Pulltap works? I don’t understand its “unique double leverage system”.

It works like a regular waiters corkscrew, in that the l-shaped notch on the fold-out arm hooks on to the lip of the bottle to form the fulcrum of a 2nd order lever. The pulltap has two different notches, which allows you to apply maximum leverage to the cork throught the pull by changing which notch you use. If you know how to use a regular waiters’ corkscrew you will adapt to the pulltap in no time.

Ahhh, now I see. Thanks Emilio. I appreciate the response.

Unfortunately, I see from the link that they’re out of stock.

Hmmm. Upon closer inspection, it appears that only certain colors are out of stock. I think I’ll order one.