Best Falling-out-of-love songs

Looking for songs about couples who used to be in love, but not any more

Examples :
Eric Clapton Promises

I Don’t Care If You Love Me Anymore

Paradise By The Dashboard Light (The last part, Praying For The End Of Time)

The song should be up-beat, nothing too depressing.

Also, the sentiment should express hostility, contempt, or that he no longer gives a damn about his former partner. It shouldn’t be, for example, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, where the singer is regretful and wants to get back together.

Stone Cold by The Deuce Project

“Break Your Heart” by Barenaked Ladies is a good one.

I first heard Tom Rush’s "No Regrets"on the Wonderboys movie soundtrack. This is the best audio version I could find. The original YouTube looks and sounds like an Old Milwaukee beer commercial, but is the version on the album (before they re-mastered it). It has a lot more impact when a good version is heard.

I don’t think the song’s depressing. The character just realizes that there’s no saving this relationship and it’s time for both of them to move on.

Here’s a few lines from the full lyrics.:

*I know your leavin’s too long overdue
For far too long I’ve had nothin’ new to show to you
Goodbye dry eyes I watched your plane
Fade off west of the moon
And it felt so strange to walk away alone

No regrets, no tears goodbye
Don’t want you back, we’d only cry, again
Say goodbye, again*

Phil Collins’ “I Don’t Care Anymore” has a better beat and is much more acidic. I got a lot of mileage out of that song, unfortunately.

You want contempt and hostility? John Entwistle: “I Feel Better”

The Valentinos: “It’s All Over Now” (better known in the Rolling Stones’ cover version)

Call Me When You’re Sober, by Evanescence (sort of).

Gotye, "Somebody That I Used To Know.

Your Time is Gonna Come, by Led Zeppelin

Almost Hear You Sigh by the Stones.

This song doesn’t exactly renounce the lover, but definitely describes a dysfunctional, angry relationship:

Flying Colours (Jethro Tull)

“Weid Al”'s “One More MInute”

I’m partial to “Salt in My Tears” - a little-known one hit wonder from the 80’s.

Some other highlights from my “Anti-Valentine Playlist”:[ul][]Aerosmith: “The Other Side” — “You’re crying me a river but I got to get across.”[]The All-American Rejects: “Gives You Hell” — Let’s forget the “truth be told” interlude.[]Bad Company: “Gone, Gone, Gone” — “I don’t know if I’ll cry; I don’t know if I’ll die laughing.”[]The Black Keys: “Next Girl” — “Her beautiful face, and her wicked ways / And I’m paying for her beautiful face every day.”[]The Clash: “Train In Vain” — “You didn’t stand by me.”[]Gin Blossoms: “Cheatin’” — Fun little country ditty from the pop band. “You can’t call it cheatin’ / 'Cause she reminds me of you.”[]Cee Lo Green: “Fuck You!” — Self-explanatory, no?[]Joan Jett & The Blackhearts: “I Hate Myself for Loving You” — Joan’s paen to lovelorn idiots everywhere: “You took my heart and you took my pride away.”Matchbox Twenty: “All Your Reasons” — Great opening line: “Why don’t you just go away?”[/ul]

Falling out of love with you– Magnetic Fields

Don’t Wanna Know if You Are Lonely– Husker Du

I’m partial to “My Song” by Jerry Cantrell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHrO2VOJXU

“I’ll Feel a Whole Lot Better” by The Byrds(also covered by Tom Petty).

Falling Out of Love” - Bad Manners

If You Loved Here You’d Be Home By Now” - Lost Dogs

4th of July - X

She gives me a cheek
when I want her lips
Oh, but I don’t have the strength to go
On the lost side of town
in a dark apartment
We gave up trying so long ago

How Can I Miss You When You Won’t Go Away by Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks

Springsteen has some haunting “falling out of love” lyrics, too. From The River:
Now all them things that seemed so important
Well mister they vanished right into the air
Now I just act like I don’t remember
and Mary acts like she don’t care
But I remember us ridin’ in my brother’s car
her body tan and wet down at the reservoir
At night on them banks I’d lie awake
And pull her close just to feel each breath she’d take*

I Got a Brand New Girlfriend

Upbeat, with goofy humor.