Best for the love of bloody hell shut up lines

Let me start by first saying this is not directly directed at anyone. I’m normally not one to pipe up and be a cranky wet towel but I had a stressful day.
This is of course aimed at the insane and sudden upcropping of Best _____ lines, which seems to have started with Best Homer Simpson Lines and spawned into a ultra dense vortex of annoying spinoff threads.

Now sure, I’ll admit, quotes are fun. Nice for a quick laugh. But for the love of Buddha, Allah and Bishnu people, WHY DO WE NEED 20 THREADS ABOUT QUOTES?!?!?!?!? One was fine, 3 was still kind of alright if your desperate, but just now when I loaded up the Cafe, I see 5 quote threads in a row (not including the ones that took up shelter elsewere). And that there puts my knickers in a twist. It happened with the Batman vs threads and its happening yet again.

Come now people, its a big wide world out there full of Arts and Entertainment. There so much to marvel at and belittle. There is no good reason to have a bunch of threads about quotes. One thing thats great about these boards is I can come on and in 20 minutes learn walops of information on everything. And yeah, maybe a funny quote or two. But now when these fad threads come about, everyone jumps on the bandwagon and the boards lose a little bit of their uniqueness and flare.

I’m not saying that everyone should stop making quote threads to preserve the sanctity of the SDMB, but please, is it to much to ask to use a little discretion? There plenty more the talk about then just what random people said at one time or another.

You KNOW someone’s going to come along and say “If you don’t like it, ignore it.”

Waitaminute. By telling you that, I might as well have told you:

If you don’t like it, ignore it.

But I won’t.

Instead, I’ll just say:

If you don’t like it, kick them in the head.

Houston to Tranquility Base…has the Linkety-link landed?

Tranquility Base to Houston: the Linkety-link would be…

URL added. I presume, QED, that you spend even less time there than me? :slight_smile:

I’ll help you kick them in the head. I really, really, really don’t like those threads, AT ALL. I do ignore them , but they use up valuable space, darnit.

[meek voice]

Usually I have to pay extra for kicks in the head.

[/meek voice]

As Robert Heinlein said, “Money is the sincerest form of flattery.”

Well, Zenster, since we are in the pit. Fuck, stop it.
kick

Hey, dumb question…why not start some threads of your own? I know, I know, I’m talking crazy talk…

Crazy Talk?

That’s my brother. From on the reservation.

Another Simpson’s line.

Uh oh. :eek:

There’s no room to start my own thread, it’s all used up with those goshforsaken line threads.
Or maybe I am just lazy…yeah, that’s probably more likely.

Well at least we’re wearing the minimum required amount of flare . . .
OW! Who threw that?

Well, I did start this one.

And NCB, thin ice my friend, thin ice.

Really thin

:smiley:

SOUL BROTHER!

[gets hit in face with rotten fruit]

D’oh!

[/rf]

Best Bread Lines…

Best Frown Lines…

Best Permanently Scarring Lines Inflicted On An OP’s Bottom With Piano Wire And A Blowtorch…

Best Panty Lines

Best conga lines!

[boom chicka boom chicka boom]

And my corduroy pillows are making HEADLINES!!!

Reminds me of the time my sister-in-law requested a ‘line’ cut for her cat…Oh, well, you just wouldn’t believe what happened

And here I thought this’d be a thread asking for lines like, “If you don’t shut up, I will superglue your lips together and pack your nostrils with wet cement.”

Or, “If you say one more word, I will pull your underwear up over your head, staple the elastic band to your forehead, and push you out of a moving vehicle.”

Or even, “Say ‘What’ again. Say ‘What’ again! I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker, say ‘What’ one more goddamned time.” This one works best if you’re Samuel Jackson, of course.