Best Hitman of our time

Alright, it’s a showdown between the two best hitman of our age ( “our age” is defined as post 1990).

Martin Blank from “Grosse Pointe Blank”

--------------------- or ------------------------

Leon from “The Professional” (or “Leon” if you’re European.)

Both are cold blooded, highly trained and fit killers. Both are loosing the stomach for it, especailly because of the weak part of their human nature that cares for the respective women in their life. They have all their weapons, and each has an apartment in downtown New York. They have two weeks, in which the winner will get a fat deposit in a Swiss bank account and assured immunity from all other danger for the rest of his life. La Femme Nikita is making sure everything is on the up and up. And I know the nature of SD…someone will pick some obscure character from some forgotten movie and pronounce him the winner, but this is going to be like an American Presidential race, i.e only two choices. So boys and girls, who’s going to walk away breathing?

I think the Star Destroyer wins because… oops, sorry, got a little mixed up there…

Easy. Jules Winnfield, from Pulp Fiction.

“The path of the righteous man…”

Dolph Lundgren in ‘The Punisher’.

That guy had no mercy, and no wasted bullets.

I gotta admit I’m going with Jules from Pulp Fiction. Remember, he’s protected by God.

But if I hafta choose I’ll go with Martin Blank. He’s from Detriot and let’s just admit that a 96 year-old GRANDmother from Detriot should be able to kick the ass of some French guy.

I mean…really!

Mr. Rogers, when he’s not wearing his bright red sweatshirt. Who else is so calm and collect.

Oh, by far it’s Martin. “What am I supposed to say to these people? ‘I killed the president of Parugay with a fork. How have you been?’” Maybe it’s because of my John Cusack fixation, but: Blank, Blank, he’s our man, if he can’t kill 'em, no one can!

Well crap. At first I thought you were talking about real life, and I was going to say Carlos Hathcock, the USMC sniper who had 93 confirmed kills in Vietnam, and also the longest verified sniper kill ever (2500 yards).

Then I realized you were talking about movie killers, and I was going to say John Lee (Chow Yun Fat) from the Replacement Killers.

But then I realized you were talking about a strictly 2-way contest, and I have to say Martin Blank. Anybody who can kill Benny “the Jet” Urquidez, dispose of the body, then go back and finish his high school reunion is ok in my book. Couple that with the fact that John Cusack is one of my favorite actors, and we have a winner!

Leon is a very close second. He kicks much ass too, but falls slightly short on the whole pedophile angle.

And I want to go on record as saying that Gary Oldman is the greatest villain actor of all time (followed closely by Christopher Walken and James Woods). But that’s a whole other thread. :slight_smile:

I’d go with Blank, too.

With a single shot from a Browning M2-HB .50 machine gun, no less.

Bret Hart is the one and only hitman.

I have to go with Martin Blank on this one. I prefer his taste in women. I mean, Minnie Driver compared to some skinny 12-year old kid?
Ditto his taste in music.

Leon, especially after he channels the spirit of Jef Costello.

But, it’s not just a kid. It’s Queen Amidala!!!

::sigh::

The funny thing is, I had to jump into a search engine to find out who “Queen Amidala” is. I thought maybe she was some rapper or something.
I’d still rather have Minnie.

Trust me, Pipeliner, Natalie Portman is looking much better now that she’s a few years beyond 12.

Between the given two choices, I don’t know, not having seen GPB. But what about the guy from “2 days in the valley”? (I could be misremembering which movie is what.)

The guy I’m thinking of gave his victims 1 minute to get things in order before he killed them. Now that’s cold.

I’d have to favor Martin over Leon based on the fact that Martin actually survived the end of the movie.

But neither of them can come close to Tommy Monaghan from the comic Hitman.