I used to just whip up a batch of brownies and that was that.
I had a friend’s “Cabbage Crunch Salad” and it’s become my staple pot luck dish.
Cabbage Crunch Salad
2 packages frozen breaded chicken tenders
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 head Chinese or Napa cabbage
3 green onions
2 packages Ramen, chicken-flavored
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
Contents of two packets of chicken flavoring from Ramen noodles.
- Bake chicken tenders according to package directions. Allow to cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds.
- Either tear or cut up the cabbage.
- Slice green onions.
- Remove Ramen noodles from packages and crumble well.
- Put all ingredients, except for dressing, in a large bowl and toss well.
- Prepare dressing and pour over salad. Toss again.
Best when eaten right away and not bad the next day. Refrigerate uneaten portion.
I’m looking for some new recipes.
Now you guys share!
Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, dogs are from Pluto.