Best smelling Laundry Detergent

In your opinion, what is the best smelling laundry detergent or laundry product such as dryer sheets? What does it smell like?

Right now I am using some brand that says it smells like lavender but my clothes come out not smelling like anything. I would like to find something that makes them smell nice but not overwhelmingly so.

Tide smells too “artificial” to me. I think I would prefer a natural smell, like lemon.

UNSCENTED! This is something I am absolutely adament about. In my opinion, clean means “not smelly.”

IIRC the Arm & Hammer detergent is lemony and is one if the better inexpensive brands.

Oddly, I do not like natural-style scents, I like the sharp chemical soap smell. The “cleanest” smell to me is straight bleach.

We’ve been using Purex crystals in Lavender Blossom. They even scent the house a bit on laundry day. That’s my favorite part.

Agreed about unscented but for a different reason. A lot of my running and cycling clothing are made of technical materials like Lycra and Coolmax. Fabric softener, dryer sheets, and even scented laundry detergent can plug up such materials. Then they don’t breath and transfer sweat as well.

Actually I didn’t need to mention dryer sheets as I hang dry my sports clothing as heat can also plug up the materials.

I will use dryer sheets on other clothing. As we have a white cat and a black dog, the anti-static cling sheets help get rid of the hair. However smell isn’t the reason why I use them. If they sold unscented sheets, I might use them.

Gain!

They all smell putrid to me - I mean, I have to hold my breath and breathe through my mouth to walk down the soap aisle. I don’t know when “overpowering chem-floral scent” became equated with “clean,” but it doesn’t work for me. I can’t even wear clothes that have been washed with a scented detergent.

Unscented all the way. NOTHING smells better than clean, preferably air-dried fabrics.

The best smelling, can smell-it-throughout-the-whole-house fabic softener is Sauvitel Morning Sun (yellow bottle). Keeps clothes smelling good for weeks. I have tried every fabric softener, dryer sheet and laundry detergent. This is the one.

It’s not full-on laundry detergent, I know, but I like the smell of Woolite. It’s mild and fresh-smelling. We use unscented regular laundry detergent, and I add a dash of Woolite just for the smell.

I like Gain too, especially the Apple Mango Tango.

that’s what i stopped in to mention. the hawaiian aloha and island fresh scents are nice, too. use them with the corresponding dryer sheets and your clothes smell heavenly.

Add me to the Gain fans. Love the stuff. I can’t remember the scent I use but it’s in the light green bottle.

Downy Lavender & Vanilla is a favorite.

I use Gain now. I used to use Tide until I was out to lunch with my best friend and his husband and my Fella and I. I was sitting next to my best friend and started sniffing him and he smelled great! It was definitely the shirt not his (also nice) cologne. I asked him what he washed his clothes in and he told me Gain. Then I looked up across the table and his husband and my Fella are just staring at us. I said, “Hey! I’ve been sniffing this guy since either of you were in the picture, so don’t look shocked!” They both cracked up.

I like the Sunshine & Sunflower flavor. I hang almost everything to dry, but when I use the dryer it smells great.

I use Gain original scent - gives the clothes a nice, clean fresh smell that reminds me of clothes freshly brought in from the line. Mmm… That reminds me, gotta get a clothesline put up this summer, I miss my old one.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don’t like strong scents, but this thread convinced me to buy a bottle of Gain. First load is going in in five minutes.

I’m having the same thoughts about Gain, but I’m wondering how did it go for you?